Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 in Review

While I'm stoked for 2013, I'm excited to take another look back at 2012. I'm so grateful for this blog, because it provides a sort of journal that documents the year. As I searched for pictures, events, and posts, I realized how full and exciting this year was! Here's a brief recap, with some links to posts you may enjoy.


January:

Rang in the new year (with food poisoning) in London

Got a visit from Mom in LA - she cooked us a delicious meal and we took a yoga class with Jenn

Terry hung up our wedding gallery wall

Terry spent most of the month out of town on business, doing his thang on planes

Traveled to Santa Barbara to celebrate Terry's grandmother's life

February:

Spent one of our favorite days together at the Aquarium of the Pacific

Added some furniture to our apartment

Terry added some dives to his log

Valentine's Day was a new recipe

Lots of time with friends

March:

A trip to Solvang

A cruise with some of our best friends

A trip to Hawaii with my family, and my first time seeing whales

A St Patrick's Day bulletin board in my classroom


April:

Made an Easter Bunny Butt Cake and spent Easter with Terry's family

Earned BLWB's first dollar (and thirty cents)

Celebrated Terry's 26th birthday in Catalina

Read my favorite book of the year, The Book Thief

Started our LA Bucket List with a day in Downtown LA


May:

Celebrated Jenn and Justin's birthdays

Attended my first blogging conference (BLEND Retreat) in Boulder

Spent Memorial Day weekend at the Delta (one more recap) while Terry was in Belize (<--You HAVE to check out these awesome photos!)

While in Belize, Terry became a Dive Master!


June:

Attended two shows at the Ahmanson, one terrible (the experience, not the show) and one awesome

I made the decision to leave the school I was teaching at and accepted a new position at a different school

A little trip to Solvang

Terry wrote his first guest post

Went to Vegas to celebrate my (now) sister-in-law's bachelorette party

Attended the Fitness & Health Bloggers Conference in Denver - my first time traveling entirely alone! - and had a BLAST

Went to Cabo with Terry and his family


July:

Celebrated our one-year anniversary with a special dinner at home

Spent 4th of July with my family

Quickly and briefly celebrated my dad's birthday

Continued participating in Tina's Best Body Boot Camp

Attended a coworker's wedding and had a blast

LOVED the Olympics


August:

Celebrated my 27th birthday with a small party and horseback riding

Traveled to San Francisco for a night as a belated anniversary trip

Took my first cooking class

Started my job at my new school

Enjoyed a night of food and song in Temecula

Took another trip to Catalina

Got Terry his new wedding band


September:

My brother got married!

We ran our first (and my only) half marathon, the Disneyland Half Marathon

Checked out the area where I'm now working

Watched the Bruins play an awesome season


October:

Got settled in at my new job

Added Tabata to my workouts

Celebrated the one year anniversary of BLWB!

Ran a 5K with friends

Got to watch a panel of Disney Imagineers

Saw The Book of Mormon

Got to work with Under Armour

Got to see Coach Val speak

Carved pumpkins


November:

I passed my personal trainer exam!

Game night with friends

Visit from my parents, including a trip to Solvang

UCLA beat $C!

Checked out the newly renovated Pauley Pavilion and went to Staples for a Clippers game

Celebrated Thanksgiving with Terry's family


December:

Made a turkey dinner for two

Got our tree with Jenn

Got sick

Celebrated the holidays with Friendsgiving 2012

Started completing 26 Acts of Kindness

Celebrated Christmas with my family and ended the year with a bang



What an incredible year! Obviously, this post can't possibly include everything from 2012, but I tried to find most of the high points. I most cherished the time with family, friends, our kitten, and, of course, my amazing husband. I look forward to sharing some 2013 goals and plans with you soon, but for now it's time to say goodnight to the first day of 2013!

6 comments:

  1. i love these recap posts - it's so great to see what an awesome year you had! i've loved following along with part of it and can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! I'm so grateful that you read my blog!

      Delete
  2. holy cow you have had a pretty amazing year, I love reading all the recaps and seeing the pictures. let's hope 2013 brings even more adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love recaps, too! It was a beast to make, but it was fun!

      Delete
  3. There are a few months where we didn't hang out enough! Let's change that this year :) I've already seen you twice this year!! We are off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow full year! I'm hosting a link-up of year-end posts if you're interested friend! So glad we got to connect at Blend for a bit! <3

    ReplyDelete