Monday, January 7, 2013

A Little Bit Fit

Well, folks, I did it! Out of bed and on my yoga mat by 5:02 this morning! I tossed and turned all night, so I've been a little tired all day, but I couldn't help feeling proud for keeping up with my plan to work out in the mornings.

One of the best parts of getting my workout done early?


I came home and got right into my cozy clothes and slippers! Totally worth the 4:50 alarm. (<--Now I just need to remember that every morning.)

Once I was in my slippers and tuned in to the (boring) BCS Championship, I whipped up a super simple stir-fry with eggplant, onion, green bell pepper, asparagus, pineapple, brown rice, and teriyaki sauce.


We even have leftovers for lunches, all packed up to grab 'n' go!

-------------

For Christmas, Terry bought me a FitBit! I've been wanting some kind of activity tracker, and this one is a great little pedometer/calorie tracker/distance meter.

(1: 2.07 miles; 2: 4,808 steps; 3: 1,511 calories burned; 4: little face with a tongue sticking out - I'm not sure what that means yet)

So far, I love it! I clip it on my clothes and don't have to worry about it falling off throughout the day. Over the break, I wasn't too surprised to see that I didn't trek very far. The numbers thus far:

Daily average: 7,554 steps
Highest day: 19,277 steps (the day we went on the 7-mile hike)
Second-highest day: 12,419 (yesterday, we did a 4-mile run)
Lowest day: 2,017 steps

For my first day at work, I only racked up 4,808 steps (by 7:25 pm). I thought it might be more, but I'm eager to see how the rest of this first week back goes. (My workout today was yoga, though, as opposed to a run or walk, which would obviously affect the total.) I did notice today that I found excuses to walk around more than I normally would, eager to "earn" more steps. More moving is good, and I know part of me will push to keep upping the steps I take each day.

Speaking of which, tomorrow, I'm waking up early again to bust out an upper body and HIIT workout! I'll bet that time on the treadmill will get my numbers up!

Off to enjoy some dessert and Jeopardy before that early bedtime. Hope you had a great Monday!

What motivates you to keep moving at work? 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on keeping your plan to workout in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a pedometer for a little bit when I couldn't run and it was so hard to get 10 thousand steps in! I couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is difficult! I've only hit 10,000+ on days that I go for a run or a hike!

      Delete
  3. I have been dying to see what a fitbit is all about, can't wait to hear more about it

    ReplyDelete