Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First WIAW of 2013

Two days in to 2013, and how is this adventure going for you?

Since I haven't been around much the last several days, here's a quick recap (not to rival last night's 2012 Recap, which took forever to compile but was so fun!):

  • Thursday we drove home to LA after a great visit with my family and spent the evening recovering from the tough drive
  • Friday we spent the day at home, opened one more present each with a champagne breakfast, then took Terry's parents out to dinner and to the UCLA basketball game (GO BRUINS!), which rocked

  • Saturday we went over to Terry's family's' house to celebrate Christmas with them
  • Sunday I spent the entire day finishing 11.22.63, a Stephen King novel about a guy who considers going back in time to prevent the Kennedy assassination, and Terry conquered his 4 x 4 Rubik's Cube (like a champ)
  • Also on Sunday we ventured over to our neighbor's house to participate in our first-ever in-person book club about the aforementioned book, which was a blast!
  • Monday we ran some errands before heading to our friends' house in Simi Valley to ring in the New Year




(Mayzie! Katie and Corey's adorable puppy!)
  • Tuesday we slept in, took down Christmas, worked on that crazy blog post, watched football, and hosted an impromptu New Year's Day dinner with Jenn and Justin - homemade Caesar salad dressing with grilled chicken was a fantastic way to kick off 2013!

And that brings us to today! Jenn and Justin showed up bright and early for a quick workout. Jenn and I tackled some Tabata while the boys ran on the treadmill, and then all four of us jogged around the block together. I tried to get everyone to participate in some frolicking (<--video!), but I was totally shot down. I'm still holding out hope.

Our Tabata workout: 4 rounds of both exercises in each set, 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest

  • Set 1: Squat-Lunge Combo (right leg) + Plank Jacks
  • Set 2: Squat-Lunge Combo (left leg) + Push Ups
  • Set 3: Bench Dips + Jumping Jacks with Press
Terry and I enjoyed a ridiculously relaxing day after that: making donuts in my new donut maker, grading, lunch out with our friend Amanda, and Harry Potter IV Part 2. No complaints here about enjoying a few more chill days before the madness begins next week.

And my first WIAW of 2013!

Check out the other WIAWs!


9:30 am - Breakfast
Three whole wheat donuts (so easy!) with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, 1/2 sliced banana, 1/2 sliced pear, tea

1:45 pm - Lunch
1/2 BLT with avocado, sweet potato fries, and side of greens at The Glendon, a new local restaurant we've fallen in love with, plus a Stella

2:30 pm  - Lunch dessert (yes, it's a thing)
Diddy Riese chocolate chip-walnut cookie

7:30 pm - Dinner
Zucchini, onion, marinara, and goat cheese on whole wheat pasta with Napa Cellars cabernet

9:45 pm - Dessert
Not sure yet, but I think we only have cookies...so cookies it is!

Tomorrow I'll be posting my goals for 2013! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do 13 goals like last year... we'll have to see. 

What goals are you setting for yourself this year?

3 comments:

  1. Love your recap. You & Terry have seriously had such a wonderful holiday this year <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like an awesome first day of eats for the year and it's clear that i am going to need to get a donut maker stat. too bad christmas is over and i'll have to procure it for myself if i want it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sweet potato fry lover, so that plate makes me want to jump it.

    ReplyDelete