Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shaky Legs

Well, I guess we all made it through Wednesday! Today started bright and early with another morning workout. Each day I feel a little more tired, but I haven't (yet) crawled back into bed. It REALLY helps that I have my clothes out and my workout planned before I go to sleep each night. No excuses!

Terry got up with me again, and we stumbled to the gym in our sleepy fog. But 20 minutes of steady incline walking (incline 6.0, speed 4.0-4.5 mph) woke us up and warmed our muscles for the tough part: legs.


Pendulum lunges are already tough, because they engage the core along with all those leg muscles. But add in 10-lb. dumbbells? Forget it! I was ridiculously sweaty even after round two. But it felt great to work so many different lower body muscles in one circuit - gluteus medius, minimus, and maximus, hamstrings, inner thigh, and outer hip. This workout would be fantastic for a runner, because it strengthens all those muscles that we need to use when we run. But get ready to feel shaky legs!

The rest of the day turned out better than the average Wednesday and included a grading date with my coworker as well as an impromptu dinner date tonight with some other friends. 

Check out the other WIAWs!





6:30 am - Breakfast - Smoothie with banana, strawberries, plain Greek yogurt, peanut butter, milk, and spinach - sadly, the spinach didn't get blended up very much.
(SO sad I forgot to pack a snack!)
1:00 pm - Lunch - Leftovers from our stir fry the other night
3:00 pm - Snack - Orange

5:00 pm
 - Appetizer - Sourdough bread toasted with a little olive oil, plus burrata (sooooo good!)

7:30 pm - Dinner - Out at El Cholo in Santa Monica; I had a tamale and enchilada with beans and rice, plus Pacifico 

No dessert - I'm too tired.

Aside from forgetting my morning snack (HUGE mistake!), not a bad food day! And now, off to bed early again - that alarm clock is merciless! Tomorrow is cardio + core day, and I have a feeling my legs are going to be a wee bit sore from that workout!

By the way, FitBit update: Yesterday I forgot to wear my FitBit during my run, and today I forgot to take it with me to work. I'm awesome. 

4 comments:

  1. Another blog I read went to the same restaurant this past week as well. You both have me craving Mexican like baddd now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going strong on the morning workouts this week too! (except for tuesday.... the snooze won that day.) good job to you for sticking to it all week! i set out my gym clothes the night before too - it definitely helps! i'm contemplating sleeping in them tonight. is that taking it too far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mexican food is one of my favorites, I love me some salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna have to try that leg workout...and hope I can walk after. ;)

    ReplyDelete