Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Favorite Travel Photos + WIAW

Paris, France, 2011. We took this photo while wandering the grounds of Versailles. The morning was freezing, and we loved how the sun stayed low, even at 11 am.

Paris, France, 2011. This photo of the Paris Metro late at night is now blown up and framed in our house. I love the fancy lamps and how empty the station is.

Munich, Germany, 2013. We took this photo from above Oktoberfest in Munich last year. The scene was pure chaos--rowdy groups of drunk young men, children running around, tourists buying souvenirs, delicious snacks everywhere. I was about two weeks pregnant and had a huge aversion to candied nuts, so I remember feeling revolted whenever we walked by stands selling the stuff. The beer tents were a blast but crazy crowded. I'm so glad we got to experience that chaos together!

Somewhere between Switzerland and Austria, 2013. This photo isn't particularly artistic, but I took it on the train from Luzern to Salzburg. I was so excited for the train rides around Bavaria, and they certainly delivered! I've never seen such gorgeous hillsides, and the greens and blues were breathtaking.

Alpnachstad, Switzerland, 2013. There's so much I love about this photo! Terry bought that hat on a cruise for fun and brought it along on our trip. It was so European of him. Plus, check out those mountains! We hiked the Emmentaler Alps with my parents and had a wonderful time taking in all the views.

London, England, 2011. On the first day of our honeymoon, Terry and I strolled through Green Park and absolutely fell in love (with the park; we were already in love with each other). It was such a peaceful respite from the busy city. I think we just meant to take a photo of the lovely tree-lined path, but we realized later we caught this sweet moment of a couple holding hands. I have this one in black and white on our bulletin board. 

Boulder, Colorado, 2012. I absolutely loved Boulder. The hikes, the views, the people. Terry and I have said that if we were to live outside of California, we could seriously consider Colorado. This photo captures some of that awe-inspiring beauty.

Train to Salzburg, 2013. Funny story about this photo. That little mouse is one of Scout's toys. We apparently accidentally left the mouse at my parents' house once, and they chose to bring it all the way to Europe to return it to us! A well-traveled little mouse, for sure.

I could find hundreds more, but that'll do for now. Looking up photos from our travels makes me all nostalgic. I'm glad we traveled so much before Marshall came along, but I look forward to traveling with him, too!

So here's what I ate today, a day that continued this ridiculous heat wave we're experiencing in Southern California.

Breakfast: two eggs atop a piece of toast with some jam

Lunch. I don't want to talk about it, but I will. I bought an acai bowl after a nice little workout at the beach. I made it all the way home and then Marshall kicked the bowl while eating. It could have been worse, I suppose.

Unpictured snacks: apple, tons of water, and a handful of raisins.

Afternoon snack: almond croissant. Marshall and I needed a break from the heat, so we walked around the mall for an hour and then stopped in the bakery on the way home. 

Dinner: chicken sausage, greens, and eggs, topped with salsa, plus a piece of sourdough bread. We each had a beer and some brownies, too. 


I'm going to hang out in the bedroom now, because that's where our portable air conditioner is. I hope it's cooler where you are! Check out the other WIAWs, too!

5 comments:

  1. Like that one between Switzerland and Austria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie! Loved taking a little 5 minute vacation and admiring these photos! Absolutely stunning. What happy memories. I love the Green Park photo and the couple walking in the distance :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these, Makes me all wanderlusty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo of the Paris Metro! I think blowing up and hanging your own travel photos are the best way to decorate!

    ReplyDelete