Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Inevitable Cat-astrophe

Well, we knew it would happen. We didn't know when, or exactly how it would play out, but we expected quickly and tragically, and we were right.

See, when Terry and I got a cat, we knew my mother would suddenly begin buying us gifts and cards related to cats. My birthday card this year? A picture of a kitten. One of my Christmas gifts last year? Pajamas with cats all over the pants, plus a cat on the shirt with a 3-D bow attached. They are, quite literally, the cat's pajamas. Given that my mom's not a cat person, I suppose this is her way of illustrating her acceptance of our pet. I look forward to gift- and card- giving holidays so much more now!

Scout loves my pajamas.

Neither of us wanted to work out tonight. I fought 70 minutes worth of traffic after a 10-hour work day, and Terry struggled with some tough data problems at work that I will never fully (or perhaps even partially) understand. But still, knowing I'll have no time to work out tomorrow, I suggested a two-mile run to get our blood pumping. We made it! And on the way home, I did about 80 walking lunges to boot.

It's strange; Terry is feeling foot pain similar to mine, except mine is located on the third, fourth, and fifth metatarsals, and Terry's is on the inside of his big toe. Sympathy pains?

We suffered through the run, which actually wasn't so bad after the first half-mile, and then Terry made dinner while I snuggled up in my cat's pajamas. Tonight Terry made ahi tuna fillet sandwiches. He says he wants to tweak the recipe before I post it, but I thought it was delicious! He also made green beans sauteed with sliced almonds. I'm so proud to have a husband who cooks!

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Fridays are long for me, because I stay at school for the football games with my cheerleaders, but the nights are fun and the girls keep me energized. For now, we're about to purchase our tickets to Europe for Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment