I created this list on June 30, 2013. I turn 30 on August 11, 2015. I'll keep track of my progress and link to relevant blog posts on this page. I encourage you to create your own bucket list for your next big birthday!
1. Travel to Europe at least one more time.
Done! We traveled to Luzern, Salzburg, Munich, and Prague in September-October 2013. It was a beautiful trip!
2. Take a few more cooking classes, including one with my mom for her belated Mother's Day gift.
Took a "Celebrating Julia Child" class through Sur la Table.
3. Move to a bigger place and perhaps even buy that place.
4. Read some classics I've never read.
I'm working on this one. So far, I've tackled Wuthering Heights, which wasn't my favorite, but at least now I can say I've read it.
5. Go snow skiing.
6. Attend another health and/or blogging conference.
7. Rescue a puppy.
8. Travel somewhere within the United States we've never been.
9. Find my ideal homemade brownie recipe.
Done! Here it is, from 100 Days of Real Food (I increase the cocoa powder to 1/3 cup and decrease the sugar to 1/2 cup, and sometimes I add nuts).
10. Try out at least a part time job as a fitness professional.
11. Do 5 pull ups.
As of July 15, 2013, I can do 3/4 of a pull up.
Update: As of October 26, 2014, I can do 1/4 of a pull up. Damn pregnancy/recovery.
12. Run another 10K.
13. Build another puzzle.
We're working on it! And sadly, we decided to destroy it before we finished. It sat on the table for months and we just couldn't make any progress on the sky and trees.
14. Finish (start?) our wedding album.
I've started! It's a slooooow project.
15. Go to a movie by myself.
Done! I saw "The Heat."
16. Learn to bake pastries, especially croissants.
17. Get my flexibility back.
18. Host Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, or Christmas dinner.
19. Go camping.
21. Go to a farm and learn all about it--and perhaps pick some of the fruit or vegetables.
22. Find or make or purchase the perfect gift for someone.
23. Have a sleepover in the living room (fort optional).
24. Make an ice cream cake.
25. At least seriously consider getting my Master's.
26. Take a dance lesson, hopefully with Terry. I'm thinking salsa or swing.
Done and done! We took a salsa class in El Segundo and had a great time. We'll definitely be trying another one!
27. Attend a music/theater/performance in the park type of event.
28. Go to a chili cook off or art and wine festival.
29. Have a baby.
Done! Marshall was born May 23, 2014. Click here for more posts about him.
30. Try something daring, like zip lining or bungee jumping (except not bungee jumping because that's too daring).
We did a toboggan ride in Austria, which was hysterical, and I was super nervous about it, but it was actually pretty tame. I think I'll need to find another daring adventure in order to check this one off.
You can check out my original 30 Before 30 post here.