Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloweentime for the Heinrichs

It was pumpkin weekend at our house!


My parents were in town, so among our other adventures--a lovely hike, a fancy dinner out, and a tough UCLA game watched from the comfort of our home--we stopped by the local pumpkin patch to grab our orange globes.

Today, my parents headed back home (always a sad event), and Terry and I got to work on our pumpkins. Of course, The Nightmare Before Christmas in the background set a delightful ambiance.


Scout was thrilled with the pumpkins.


And then he actually got pretty into it.


And then he was over it.

And here are the finished products!


Terry opted for a winking Mickey face (there's a giant one at the end of Main Street in Disneyland), and I just searched "pumpkin carving ideas" and found the crooked mouth guy. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

I have three sub days lined up already this week, and unfortunately Terry takes off midweek for his latest work trip. Thankfully, I feel like I have enough to keep me busy, and I've been brainstorming fun ideas for meals for one. I'm also lucky to have offers from friends to come over for dinners now and then, which they might regret when I actually take them up on it.

I'm off to spend the rest of the night with my main squeeze and our little kitten. On the menu: leftover homemade tomato bisque (I make a few minor adjustments: only 2 tablespoons of butter and no bacon) and leftover BLTAs (bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado on whole wheat) from last night's dinner, and maybe a few other snacks to fill us up. Plus pumpkin cookies for dessert!

As for workouts this week, I'm planning the following (in no particular order):

  • a few long walks
  • at least two jogs, maybe some interval walk/jogs
  • leg day, maybe an upper body day too if I'm feeling wild
  • full body strength, perhaps courtesy of Jillian Michaels

Have a great start to the week!

Any exciting meals or workouts on your calendar for this week? Please share so I can live through you. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment