Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Marshall Terence

I never imagined that two days before my due date I'd be writing a post about my 11-day-old son! But he's here; he has taken over our lives in the best possible way. Terry and I are proud, thrilled, and overjoyed to welcome our baby boy...

Marshall Terence Heinrich


Born Friday, May 23, 2014 at 3:36 pm


7 pounds, 12 ounces, 20.5 inches long


I know I've been away for quite a while; obviously we had an early arrival and have been rather busy. I'll need some time to get adjusted to life with a newborn, to gather my thoughts about labor and delivery, to try to find the words to describe this huge change in our lives.

Meanwhile, here are some photos of the last week or so:

Thursday, May 22, in labor (before it got rough)


How cute are these signs?


And then...Marshall was here!


With my parents


Jenn and Justin meeting our little guy


Heidi and her daughter Kayla

New dads Edward and Terry


Proud parents leaving the hospital


Introducing Scout to the new arrival


Don't worry; PopPop was there to take pictures as we arrived home.


The closest Scout has come to Marshall so far.






Our first family walk (Marshall was one week old)


I hope to return to "normal" blogging over the next week or so as we adjust to our odd sleeping schedule and get acquainted with Marshall. For now, we send lots of thanks and appreciation to so many people who have supported us, brought us meals, sent cards or other thoughtful gifts, visited us, waited patiently to visit us (equally appreciated), and assured us we're doing a good job. We are so lucky!

2 comments: