Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Puttering Around and WIAW

Today was Day Two of being home. While I enjoyed the relaxed feel of the day, I also had to hold myself back a bit from doing too much. Bending and lifting are particularly difficult for me now, so I'm working on simpler stuff around the house and resting often.

I woke up this morning around 6, as Terry was heading out for work. I don't think sleeping any later is in the cards for me, but I'm trying to take a nap each day if I feel tired. After he left, I made some pancake batter that we can enjoy the rest of the week. I topped mine with peanut butter this morning for a boost of protein--YUM!

I spent the morning relaxing on the couch, going through some of our pregnancy exercises, writing a post about what we have in our hospital bag.

Scout had no problem with my choice to relax this morning. Also, I looked excellent.

By midmorning I was itching to move around and be productive, so I did a tiny bit of redecorating and finally hung up some pictures!

I ate lunch a little early--leftovers from last night's dinner, which was a super simple meal of eggplant, zucchini, and onion sauteed in olive oil and then tossed with whole wheat penne and store-bought marinara. So simple and delicious! And a great meal we can make again once baby is here, because it takes a total of 20 minutes to make. Today I added mozzarella to my bowl, which took the flavor up another notch.

Leftovers always look more disgusting but taste more delicious than the originals. 

For lunch dessert, which is absolutely a thing, I had a spoon of peanut butter topped with chocolate chips plus a glass of milk.

Scout and I spent some time running around (well, he ran, I threw his toys) a few times today, and I baked some banana bread muffins! We're freezing some for ourselves for after the baby arrives (perfect midnight snack) and we're also planning to bring some to the nurses at our hospital.

By then my back ached enough to encourage me to sit down for a bit, so I spent some more time relaxing on the couch. I'm finding a remarkable number of ways to keep myself busy while not being up and about!

Around 3:30 I felt hungry again and made myself some scrambled eggs with turkey and cheese, a recent favorite snack.

The only time I got out of the house today was to grab a few essentials at Trader Joe's. I love how close it is to our house now! One mile away, so when I'm not so pregnant we can just walk down for small trips like this.

For dinner I whipped up some tuna salad and created grilled tuna melts with a big green salad on the side (completely forgot to take a picture). That tuna salad will make another appearance later this week for lunch on Friday. Get excited.

I was excited for dessert tonight: homemade ice cream with chocolate chips. Delicious way to end the day!

Hope you had a great Wednesday. See you tomorrow for what will likely be my last pregnancy update!


Post a Comment