Tuesday, June 11, 2013

30 Before 30

Gina's "Before 30 Bucket List" inspired today's post. I'll be 28 this August, and with summer vacation just a few days away, I figured now is as good a time as any to start thinking about all the fun I want to have before I hit the big 3-0. So in no particular order:


1. Travel to Europe at least one more time.
2. Take a few more cooking classes, including one with my mom for her belated Mother's Day gift.
3. Move to a bigger place and perhaps even buy that place.
4. Read some classics I've never read.
5. Go snow skiing.
6. Attend another health and/or blogging conference.
7. Rescue a puppy.
8. Travel somewhere within the United States we've never been.
9. Find my ideal homemade brownie recipe.
10. Try out at least a part time job as a fitness professional.
11. Do 5 pull ups.
12. Run another 10K.
13. Build another puzzle.
14. Finish (start?) our wedding album.
15. Go to a movie by myself.
16. Learn to bake pastries, especially croissants.
17. Get my flexibility back.
18. Host Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, or Christmas dinner.
19. Go camping.
20. Volunteer.
21. Go to a farm and learn all about it--and perhaps pick some of the fruit or vegetables.
22. Find or make or purchase the perfect gift for someone.
23. Have a sleepover in the living room (fort optional).
24. Make an ice cream cake.
25. At least seriously consider getting my Master's.
26. Take a dance lesson, hopefully with Terry. I'm thinking salsa or swing.
27. Attend a music/theater/performance in the park type of event.
28. Go to a chili cook off or art and wine festival.
29. Have a baby.
30. Try something daring, like zip lining or bungee jumping (except not bungee jumping because that's too daring).

I'm ready to get started! What's on your list before your next big milestone?

9 comments:

  1. #15! Ive never done but really should. I'm past 30 so maybe I need to do my before 40 list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Im 44 in july.
    I BEST GET LISTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I need a before 50 though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this has inspired me to do a 40 before 40 Bucket List. I'm a little over 7 years away, so that should be plenty of time, right?!?!
    Can I just tell you I LOVE #18? I did not feel like an actual grownup until I hosted my first Thanksgiving? It was crazy, stressful and at the end of the day when everyone left with their hearts & bellies full, I felt amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool goals! Definitely saving this and going to make my own, too. Spreading the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started looking for 30 by 30 lists, as I will be 30 in a little over a year and I thought I'd be super overwhelmed. While, I have accomplished a bunch on this list there ar a bunch I wouldn't have thought about on my own! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently wrote out my list...well, sort of. I did a 101 in 1001 list @ http://makingitmyhome.blogspot.com/p/101-in-1001.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bucket list! You HAVE to go zip lining. It is sooooo much fun. Also, I need to get started on some of our family albums with pics of the kids. What is it about pictures and keeping up with them? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really sounds fun! I like the idea of learning salsa or swing. It is never late to do something for the first time even at our age, huh? Oh yeah, and zip lining too!

    ReplyDelete