- Participate in The Fitnessista's Sweets for Sandy Auction. Gina found bloggers from all over to donate goodies to her online auction.
- Donate to the American Red Cross.
- Get involved with Project Candy for Victims of Sandy, a Facebook group that is collecting necessary supplies (specifically from California residents).
- Check out NYC Service, a catchall that provides links to ways you can donate to or volunteer with relief efforts.
- Donate to New York Cares, whose mission is to meet "pressing community needs by mobilizing caring New Yorkers in volunteer service."
- Help the animals affected by Sandy through ASPCA.
I would like to add to this list with your help! Please comment below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of ways to contribute to the relief efforts. Please note that I will check legitimacy of all sites and organizations before posting them here.
And because it's Friday:
(These both sound awfully bitter, but it's all in good fun, and rest assured that I don't actually hate any of my Facebook friends.)