Thursday, September 5, 2013

Five Things Friday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!! My friend (and awesome new mom) has a big birthday today! Happy birthday to one of the kindest, most generous people I know!


Instead of complaining about the heat (which is all I want to do all day), I'm taking the positive route. Here's what I'm feeling grateful for today.

Terry's coming home!!! In about 24 hours, I'll be heading to the airport to pick up Terry after his month-long business trip. It's been a crazy month. We haven't all three (Terry, me, Scout) been back home since August 3! I'm eager to have a few weeks of normal and beyond excited to get to spend quality time with Terry.

While it is hot (remember when I said I wouldn't complain?), I can't help but notice how clear and gorgeous the skies are lately. 



This morning I set out for an overly ambitious run. Five and a half miles? What was I thinking? I ended up walking at least a mile, and the whole thing took a little over an hour. And I was disgustingly sweaty by the end, but sadly my husband wasn't home to see me in my sexiest state.

Great friends and work dates. Jenn and I both had work to do (granted, she's working on her dissertation for her Ph.D. and I'm writing my silly novel, but it was still work), so we ventured out together to set up at Peet's Coffee. We actually got a lot of work done!



I took these photos of her because I wanted to illustrate our hard work, but she thought the first one was ridiculous because "who works like that?" But then I thought she looked good in both, so I'm posting both. You can decide for yourself. (And I'm sure there are some people who love their jobs enough to smile while they work.)

 A sense of humor. I've been trying to lighten up this summer. I want to laugh at myself instead of taking myself so seriously, and I want to give other people the benefit of the doubt. I want to be patient with myself and others, and I want to find humor in life. And today I got a good chance to practice.


At Peet's, I ordered tea, and they asked if I want it for here, in a pot. I got so excited! How fun! (I'm ridiculous, I know. The cashier thought so, too.) So I started in on my tea and poured it through the strainer, then added way too much milk. No problem--I added more tea. But of course, I completely forgot to use the strainer to pour the second round of tea. And pouring tea without a strainer looks pretty disgusting.

Thankfully, Jenn and I just laughed at my mistake, and I drank it anyway. It was more rustic that way. And we all like rustic tea, right?

Scout. Of course. I'm always grateful for Scout. Talk about having a sense of humor. This guy always knows how to make me laugh.

WHO SLEEPS LIKE THAT?! 

What are you grateful for today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment