Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WIAW on a Busy Day

As I mentioned yesterday, I have 6:30 am sub jobs the rest of the week. On the plus side, it means I'm done and home super early, but of course I'm exhausted today. Thankfully I normally wake up between 5:30 and 6 with Terry, so the earlier alarm wasn't too bad.

I'm starting to notice that I don't sleep quite as soundly lately. Throughout my pregnancy I think I've been lucky to not have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but now I'm regularly waking up once to go. And last night I really struggled to get back to sleep, so let's hope that's not a regular thing. My hips felt super uncomfortable, so I'll need to make some pillow adjustments!

In the ongoing condo-setting-up saga, I finally ordered a damn area rug! I know you were on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about that one. Don't worry, I'll keep you in the loop about how it looks when it arrives.

Since we have our breastfeeding class tonight until 9:30 pm, today's edition of What I Ate Wednesday will actually be "What I Will Eat Wednesday." Some of it is already in my belly, but some I'll enjoy after I publish this post, because I need to get to bed as soon as we get home tonight.

Breakfast--5:30 am 
Last night I made a pancetta-veggie scramble for dinner, and I saved half the fillings to have it again for breakfast this morning.



The scramble includes:
  • two eggs with a splash of milk
  • extra-sharp cheddar cheese
  • onions
  • red and green bell peppers
  • asparagus
  • pancetta
Since all the fillings were already cooked, breakfast was quick and efficient this morning to help us get out the door before 6. I reheated the fillings in a pan, added the eggs and milk and cheese, and scrambled away. 

Snack #1--8:00 am
I've moved into a point in my pregnancy where I'm trying to eat every 2-3 hours, so I end up consuming a series of snacks instead of full meals. Today's first snack: cottage cheese and an orange.

Snack #2--11:00 am
I made it home from subbing and desperately wanted to nap but headed for the kitchen instead of the couch. I went with sliced banana with yogurt, peanut butter, and honey. I could eat this snack every day; I'm so glad it's healthy!


On a less healthy note, I also grabbed a few of these cookies and a small glass of milk.

My sister-in-law introduced me to them, and I looooooove them!


Lunch--1:30 pm
Ahhh, pregnancy naps are absolutely incredible. I used to feel weird and groggy after naps, but even a quick 20-minute rest now gets me re-energized. Today I think I slept a full hour. For lunch I had some leftover pasta with turkey meatballs.



The other night I had some work stuff until late, so Terry made a delicious dinner for us, and the leftovers have spanned three meals! That's impressive for us, and I love that I can hand over the task of making dinner to my husband without worry.

After lunch I spent some time tidying up the house (I noticed it had somehow become something of a disaster area within the last few days) and prepping food for tomorrow. 

Snack #3--TBD
Not sure yet what I'll be eating after I publish this post, but it'll be a good one!

Dinner--6:00 pm
Since our breastfeeding class is at 6:30 tonight, we'll be eating dinner on the go. I'm leaving in a few minutes to pick up Terry from work so we can head up there. I'm packing a picnic lunch:
  • Turkey sandwiches with cheddar and mustard
  • Salad with greens, diced pears, olive oil, balsamic, sunflower seeds, salt, and pepper
Dessert?--10 pm 
This one will depend on how hungry and/or sleepy we are when we get home. I made some ice cream yesterday, but we may be ready to crash, so we'll see. Lately we've been chopping up some Brix chocolate into our ice cream, which I highly recommend. Add a few walnuts and you've got yourself a simple sundae!

After my nap today I also wanted to squeeze in a super quick lower body workout, but time wasn't on my side. My plan was:
  • 25 squats
  • 25 stability lunges (each side)
  • 25 plie squats
  • 25 curtsy lunges (each side)
  • 25 calf raises
(Repeat 3-4 times.) Hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow. Here are some similar non-pregnancy workouts if you're looking for some lower body action!





Enjoy! And be sure to check out the other WIAWs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment