Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Nonstop Tuesday

Well, did you survive your first Monday of 2015? Hopefully it wasn't too painful. My morning yesterday was a little rough--Marshall's spit up was back (not that it had disappeared, but it was starting to mellow out a bit) with a vengeance, and I can't help but think it's related to the fact that he's making some developmental progress. (No scientific evidence to support that theory, just observation.) He crawled yesterday morning for the first time AND pushed himself up to the sitting position on his own for the first time, so it was a big day. Can't blame the guy for being a bit fussy and overwhelmed.

We took it easy around the house yesterday, but today felt far more productive. First up, I woke up to some exciting news: I wrote an article for my alma mater's Young Alumni newsletter, and it was published yesterday! You can check it out here. I talk about how I gradually improved my health after graduating from college and what I do to maintain it now. I'm super excited to be featured--UCLA makes me proud and I'm glad to give a little something back. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you read it!

Today Marshall and I kept busy with lots of eating and exploring his room. Marshall is up to three meals per day (most of the time), so he joins me for breakfast and lunch and Terry joins us for dinner. So I ate oatmeal today, and Marshall got pureed banana and oats, too.
Mine was topped with peanut butter and coconut.


Then we rolled around and practiced crawling. He's only taking a few "steps" at a time. but I'm having fun watching what he does with his new freedom to explore.
And making notes of what we need to baby proof. And those thighs still kill me.


We met up with Terry for lunch at his office, because they bring in food trucks on Tuesdays now. We shared a turkey burger and a regular burger and both were delicious. Marshall ate peas and really seemed to like them. I, however, am not the biggest fan of peas, so I need to work on that.



After lots of fussing and two not-so-great catnaps, Marshall was ready for some fresh air and a change of scenery, so when Terry got home we all headed to the park to jog a few laps. Total highlight of the day! It was our first time jogging with Marshall in the stroller without the infant car seat, so that's something. We logged two miles, and we also decided that we need to set a running goal for ourselves. We've been pretty unmotivated to run lately, but we always feel great after we do it, so we're aiming to run 20 miles in January. We're starting a little late, but 20 miles in 25 days isn't too terrible. We knocked out two today! 18 to go. I'm hoping it'll get us into a more regular routine for pushing ourselves to get outside together, even though it's dark and cold. Marshall had a BLAST sitting in the stroller "the big boy way" as I call it, kicking his feet and giggling the entire time, so I'd say he's looking forward to this little challenge!

For dinner we reheated leftovers from last night--sauteed ground turkey and hot Italian sausage plus roasted zucchini and butternut squash. YUM. We also threw an egg on top for good measure.


Snacks today were half an apple, a piece of homemade cinnamon bread, a muffin that my friend brought me the other day, and hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream for dessert. I also baked some lemon-blueberry muffins today and am betting they'll be gone by Friday.

After Marshall went to bed and I finished dishes, tidying up, etc., I did my 15 minutes of stretching (so far I've only missed one day!) and then did some work before writing this post. Today was nonstop, but I love the feeling of accomplishment at the end of a busy day!

What was the highlight of your day?

Have you decided on/stuck to your resolutions so far? I know it's only day 6, but it's hard for some people. No judgment. I'm still working on getting to bed by 10 pm, but it's definitely been better than the usual 11, 11:30 routine of late.

Best thing you ate today? I have to go with dinner! It's SO simple, but I love the combo of spicy (sausage) and sweet (squash). The egg was an excellent addition.

Happy Wednesday! We're halfway through the week! (Oh, and fun fact: Despite writing this entire post about Tuesday and titling it "Nonstop Tuesday" and clearly knowing that it's Tuesday, I still got to the end and thought it was Wednesday and that I should have been linking to WIAW. What is wrong with me?)

1 comment:

  1. how flipping cute is marshall.
    I NEED ME A COMPANION DURING THE DAY LIKE HIM TOO.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete