Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A to Z Survey

Yesterday was a rough day all around (I opened the freezer during Marshall's nap and a huge block of ice fell out and woke him up, and then he didn't go back to sleep the rest of the day), and by the time 8 pm rolled around I was in no state to blog. Sometimes writing is cathartic for me; other times I know I'll just end up writing a super grumpy post that will make me cringe when I reread it. So I opted for some So You Think You Can Dance and a few chores and got into bed by 10.

I am feeling good about exercise lately. We took some long walks this weekend; I did yoga yesterday; and today we enjoyed a short family walk. Tomorrow will be some upper body strength. Consistency for the win.

We're getting some signs that Marshall might be ready to transition to one nap per day, so it's sort of tricky reading his tired signals versus helping him move to a later nap in the morning. Wish us luck!

So instead of dwelling on sleep woes or stressing about baby schedules, I thought I'd keep it light today with a survey I read on Julie's blog (funny enough, Gina did it on her blog today, too). I changed a few categories if they didn't apply or would have been really boring answers. :-)

Age: 29--the big 3-0 is next month!

Biggest Fear: My husband would say spiders, but actually I think it's losing my loved ones. (So much to keeping it light, huh?)

Childhood Obsession: Babysitters Club books! I must have 150 of them stored somewhere. 

Drink You Had Last: Water! I'm trying to drink more water during the day and cut back on caffeine because I've felt a little anxiety lately.

Everyday Must-Do: Say "I love you; drive safely" to Terry when he leaves for work. And now Marshall gives Daddy a hug and waves and we're teaching him to blow kisses.


Favorite Song: Probably "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright or "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables.

Grossest Memory: Marshall spitting up INTO MY MOUTH and hair. So gross.

Hometown: Fremont, California, where my parents lived from the time I was eight months old until 2013. Now my "hometown" is LA, and I'm learning to embrace it.


In Love With: I suppose I should say Terry, Marshall, and Scout? :-)  I'm very much in love with those three. Also chocolate.


Jealous Of: Anyone who is in Europe right now, for business, pleasure, or life. (Likely inspired by Joanna's post yesterday. I love those Motherhood Around the World posts! How does she know such worldly people?)

Keepsake You Won't Part With: Marshall's baby books, all our photos, and the ornaments we've collected wherever we've traveled. 

Longest Relationship: Nine years with Terry as of this month!


Middle Name: Lanier (my maiden name), but it was Michelle before I was married. I decided it would be easier logistically to take my husband's name, so my children, husband, and I would all have the same name, plus I like the idea of taking Terry's name. But I loved my maiden name too and feel a strong connection with the Lanier name/history/family, so I wanted to keep it, too. I think Michelle is beautiful, but it was never a huge part of my identity. Still, it's on my birth certificate and diplomas, so it's still a part of me.

Number of Siblings: One, my big brother Chris. Fun fact: Almost everyone I meet thinks I'm an older sibling (usually these people haven't met Chris, they somehow just assume I'm older). Is that weird?


One Wish: To have a second child someday. Marshall has been so fun, and I hope we can have a sibling for him (after he starts sleeping better).

Person You Spoke to On the Phone Last: My mom! Which is unusual, because neither of us likes talking on the phone. I usually only talk to Terry, my dad, and my brother in a given week.

Question You're Always Asked: Hmm...I guess I don't get repeat questions a lot because I can't think of any good ones. But I have heard recently: How old is Marshall? Do you want to go back to work? And: When do you plan to have another kid? (Answers: 13 months; Yes, if the right job comes along and they want me; Eventually, once we get some sleep.)

Reason to Smile: We love our new apartment!



Song You Last Sang: "Stay Awake," the lullaby from Mary Poppins, as I nursed Marshall before his bedtime.

Time You Woke Up: 7:06! But if you count the rest of the night, we were also up at 12:30 and 3:30...

Useful Items You Love: My washer and dryer. It's true love, folks.

Vacation Destination: For some reason, an Alaskan cruise sounds great right now. Maybe because it sounds somewhat doable with a toddler? But we think our next family trip will be to the Grand Canyon, because we've talked about it for years and I've never been. Perhaps in the fall.

Worst Habit: Biting my nails or starting a project and not finishing it.

X-Rays You've Had: Teeth (that double root canal...), foot from my surgery, and I'm sure others.

Your Favorite Food: I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I realized that the food I could eat every day without getting sick of it AND that has tons of possibilities for preparation and consumption is...EGGS! Kinda random. But think of how many ways you can eat eggs and how delicious they are! (Unless you're Jenn, because she doesn't like eggs, but that's her loss and more eggs for me.)



Zodiac Sign: Leo! 

4 comments:

  1. Whatwhat!?!? Fremont, CA is my hometown! <3 Whatta small world! :D

    I have an older brother too, and a lot of people tend to think I'm the oldest sibling as well, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farrah, that's crazy! Yay Fremont :-) And I'm glad I'm not the only older sibling/younger sibling out there. Apparently we're super mature?

      Delete
  2. I love this survey! I saw it on Gina's blog, too! I think I will maybe post it on Friday! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I'll be sure to check it out, Kelly!

      Delete