Sunday, January 31, 2016

But First, Pancakes

Sunday Chore Day! 

But first, pancakes.

(topped with peanut butter and maple syrup)


Marshall and I hit the grocery store and Target as early as we could to avoid the crowds, but we didn't avoid the rain. Since we were getting wet anyway, I made it an adventure and let Marshall walk in the rain to check out some fire trucks!


(waving goodbye to the trucks)


Back at home, Marshall helped Terry vacuum. 


He was very thorough.

Seriously, very thorough.


And we took full advantage of the rain day with plenty of baking and food prep.


Brownie bites--adapted from Fitnessita-- 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup (or less) maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (combine all ingredients in a food processor, process finely, then roll into 1-inch balls, store in fridge)

Side note: Upon putting away my food processor, I somehow dropped it, and it hit my wrist on the way down (thankfully only from a low cabinet), then broke Scout's food bowls. My wrist seems okay, just a little bruised and sore, and the food processor is scratched but otherwise seems okay, too. Sorry, Scout.

Spinach, mushroom, onion, and cheddar frittata to enjoy for breakfasts this week

Roasted sweet potatoes and farro for salads this week--my favorite combination is these two plus pomegranate seeds, feta, and balsamic

Broccoli soup for tonight's meal

I also finally got around to changing our chalkboard in the kitchen:

(I swapped in some Julia Child quotes but didn't photograph them)


And some other fun photos:

Last night we attended Marshall's first basketball game at UCLA!


He watched some, walked around a lot, and said "Basketball" about 800 times. Afterward we went to Burger Lounge for dinner, and I tried a lettuce-wrapped burger, which was less "wrapped" than I had hoped but still delicious.


We've enjoyed some lovely walks around the neighborhood lately, complete with obeying all traffic signs.




This kid...



And the other day I took some photos on my walk home from work. Not a bad way to end the work day, right?




Oh, and here was Terry's favorite meal of the week: pappa al pomodoro. Total comfort food in this delightfully chilly weather!


This week was a fun one. I went to a little happy hour with some coworkers, Terry and I enjoyed some new episodes of our favorite shows, and we rocked the menu at home. And suddenly tomorrow is February! But first, sleep. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment