Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy 2016!

Before we get to new year tidings, let's wrap up our Christmas break, shall we? Marshall was completely spoiled by our families, so we spent a lot of time getting to know his new toys, clothes, and books, along with this wagon!



After a little time at home, we headed up north to visit my brother and sister-in-law.



Another round of generous gifts, delicious food (my brother made the best prime rib I've ever had), slobbery kisses (mostly from dogs), and plenty of play time for Marshall, we all drove to my parents' house for New Year's Eve.



Oh yeah, things got wild. Parcheesi, pajamas, and barely an acknowledgement of the new year. We did have fun hanging out with my family, though, so that was a great way to kick off the year. Plus, the next day, Terry and I went to lunch AND a movie together! WHAT!?

And one more awesome bonus of traveling up north: we got to visit with our friends Fay and David! We chatted for an hour or two over bagels and coffee. I admire those two so much (they're worldly, down-to-earth, and hilarious), and I'm excited because they live reasonably close to my parents and we can visit (at least more often than we could when they lived in DC!).

And then our visit was over and we made our way home. Marshall has really become a champ on these long car rides! We sit up front, he hangs out in the back, chatting, playing, sometimes whining for a toy or to "get out!" We stop once most of the time, and he naps 1-2 hours, depending on the trip. He does great!

Because we're crazy, we turned around the next day and drove up (less than an hour) to see our friends and their girls for a belated Christmas/New Year brunch. We even planned it so that the kids would eventually all take naps, and when we got three out of four down at the same time we called it a major success. An hour of adult time with our friends was truly one of the best gifts of the season!





When we got home, Marshall couldn't get enough of playing at his new table, a gift from Heidi and Ed. He loves sitting on the chairs, bringing his kitchen supplies to the table, pretending to eat. It's adorable and perfect because we were thinking about getting him a little table soon!

Terry and I also decided to bring out my Gammy's china tea set for afternoon tea, which we want to do more often. It was so fun to sip from such fancy teacups!


And Marshall and I practiced our selfie skills.


I'm sure there's a TON I missed from our break, but it's practically 9 pm and I have to pack lunches and shower and...oh, boy. Back to the routine, right?

But before I go, I want to say a very happy new year to you all. Thanks so much for reading; I love having this small hobby, and I know I wouldn't keep up with writing (one of my favorite things!) if I didn't have anyone reading. I have thought a lot about what my hopes are for this year, and I definitely hope to continue writing here at least once a week. I try for more, but we're still adjusting to my new work schedule. I hope you find it fun like I do!

Happy 2016!

0 comments:

Post a Comment