Today started with a fantastic workout, inspired by the Last Chance Workout from The Biggest Loser that I mentioned the other day. As we continued to hit the snooze button, I worried that we weren't going to feel motivated to get up, but we did it!
- I used two 15-lb. dumbbells for the deadlifts, and I did the rest of the exercises with no weights.
- As it is, the workout requires 95 reps of each exercise. To get it to 100 reps, my nerdy husband added two Jokers, and we did five reps of the spades & clubs and then five reps of the hearts & diamonds.
- The walking lunges are EACH leg, so two lunges (right, left) is one rep.
- We warmed up for five minutes and cooled down for five minutes (treadmill walking).
- To round out the workout, I added about 30 minutes of treadmill walking this afternoon.
Get excited to feel those wobbly legs!
And now...some eats for today.
Check out the other WIAWs!
6:30 am: Breakfast - Whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter, banana, and honey, plus tea
10:00 am: Morning snack - Orange
12:30 pm: Lunch - Leftovers from Monday (spaghetti squash with eggplant, onion, spinach, marinara, and goat cheese)
2:30 pm: Snack - graham cracker with peanut butter and a glass of milk
6:45 pm: Dinner - salad with mixed greens, avocado, red onion, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar (delicious!), homemade bruschetta, and half a serving of shepherd's pie (Terry ate the rest)
8:45 pm: Dessert - the last of the homemade strawberry ice cream, 1/2 banana, and chocolate/white chocolate chips