Let's review some highlights before things get out of hand:
- We hit the gym early Thursday morning for this cardio workout:
- But we skipped the gym Friday morning in favor of a little extra sleep.
- Thursday night we had a blast hanging out with fellow UCLA alums and watching the Bruins beat the Wildcats at South, a local bar and restaurant. The environment was super fun (another table was filled with Arizona fans!), but the menu definitely caters to those looking to indulge. I felt kinda gross the rest of the night from all the fried greasiness.
- Yesterday marked the last day of first semester, so I'm officially halfway done with the school year. I can't believe how quickly those five months flew!
- Friday afternoon we finally made it to the gym; Terry did a full-body circuit workout while I loosened up my legs with 30 minutes of cardio.
After a much-needed shower and a seriously delicious salad (avocado, greens, balsamic, red onion, salt, and pepper), Terry and I headed out to celebrate a scuba buddy's birthday at a local pub. It was so fun to meet some new folks, but we didn't get home until midnight, so there was no way a post was happening.
We've decided to take a rest day today; our bodies are achy and tired from a week of great workouts. We woke up slowly, enjoyed scrambled eggs for breakfast, and did a little work. For lunch, I had a major craving for a cafe-style sandwich and salad. Some Yelping helped us decide on Amandine, a nearby French cafe we hadn't even noticed before. We shared the turkey avocado sandwich (I wasn't impressed with the bread and wished it had come on a baguette, but otherwise it was tasty), and I loved the simple side salad. Terry also got a bowl of ratatouille, which really hit the spot. It's even warm enough in LA today that we were able to sit outside!
This afternoon I whipped up a batch of Ina Garten's Blueberry Muffins with a streusel topping, a little splurge that I'll likely send to work with Terry. I love baking, but I often find myself wishing I could just bake a few servings. Ah, the troubles in life.
Some awesome healthy reading for your weekend:
- "Health.com's Article '27 Mistakes Healthy People Make' Contains a Serious Mistake" (from Living Maxwell)
- "Portion Size Matters" (100 Days of Real Food)