Monday, June 24, 2013

These Shoes are Made for Running

Here's how I tortured my husband today while I suffered through Fitnessista's Summer Shape Up workout:


Terry says he'll definitely feel sore tomorrow! So will I after the approximately one million lunges/jumping lunges I completed, plus a HIIT. Gina does not mess around.

My HIIT today allowed me to finally try out my new running shoes! I picked them up on Wednesday but haven't run since then, and today I finally found out how much I like 'em.

Confusingly (is that a word?), the shoes aren't New Balance. Just the bag.

I had been looking for a new pair of shoes. I had Asics for over a year and wore those for my half marathon, but I thought I'd try a new brand this time. The folks at Front Runners made the process quick and simple, and I had my new Brooks within 30 minutes, including a foot assessment to check my stability needs.




I really love the new shoes! Super comfortable to run in, during sprints and jogging, and no blisters after 38 minutes today. Hopefully these guys will last me awhile.

And they're blue! I love the color--I need more blue clothes to match! Hmm...sounds like a shopping trip.

Another highlight of the day (and continuing the theme of this random post): dinner from my chef of a husband.

Copper River Sockeye Salmon from Costco,  baked sweet potato, and mixed kale salad (donated from my mom, who got it at Costco).

That's all for now, folks. Off to enjoy the rest of the night!

What's your favorite type of workout gear to shop for? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment