Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Rainy Day WIAW

It's been a while since I've joined in the WIAW fun. Before I get to that, though, let's catch up.

On Monday, when it was still dry enough, Marshall and I ran a few errands and then took a little walk. He knows how to time it so that he falls asleep during the last lap I had planned, so then I end up walking another lap or two to give him a good nap. I told my friend Jenn that I think he's plotting to make me exercise more.


Speaking of which, it's been raining for two days, and I have really struggled to find the motivation to work out all week. Coincidence? No. Between the sun setting earlier and the cooler and rainier weather, it's hard to find time and energy to work out. But alas, we must, huh? Plus, it feels so much better to cozy up in PJs and comfy clothes at the end of the day if I've gotten some sort of exercise in earlier. So Monday (in addition to that 45-minute walk with my sidekick), we busted out a 12-minute workout after Marshall went to bed, and then today I did a super quick upper body thing while Terry worked. I'll share both with you tomorrow!

Anyway, I'm thrilled that this week is moving right along because I can't wait for the weekend. We have big plans to meet Santa and get our Christmas tree. Any time spent with my favorite guys is okay by me.

Oh, and this guy, too.

I've heard that cats will sit in a circle on the ground, but I've never gotten Scout to do it, and then yesterday I found him just hanging out on the Q on Marshall's play puzzle. So there you go.

Other adventures around here have been pretty mellow, because of the weather and because I'm trying to be sure we're home for Marshall to nap in his crib. Today we went to HomeGoods to buy some Christmas decorations for our mantle (success!), and we've gone to the grocery store more times this week than I care to discuss.

And now for that WIAW:

Breakfast: Sourdough toast with peanut butter and banana plus some pumpkin spice tea in a Christmas mug, which makes me so happy.

For lunch, leftover veggie fajitas (sweet potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and refried black beans) on a tortilla with some Greek yogurt as sour cream. Plus an apple and a cookie. :-) 


Since lunch was on the early side, I had a quick snack later. I made this frittata--I roasted the butternut squash and broccoli and then sauteed some greens on Monday, and threw it all in the cast iron pan with some eggs for a super quick breakfast on Tuesday. Now we have breakfasts for the rest of the week. Or, in this case, a snack. 

For dinner I made one of our new favorites: Kath's Nutty Noodles. I doubled the recipe so we'll have enough for tomorrow and maybe even a little extra for a lunch over the weekend.

I also sipped on some wine while these guys hung out together. Will my heart ever stop fluttering seeing them together? It just makes me melt to see Marshall look at his daddy.


And now it's 8:30. I have big plans for the night: a shower, some cookies, more wine, and While You Were Sleeping. I hope you're finding some time to relax, too!

Here are more WIAW posts from around the interwebs. :-) 

What was the best thing you ate today? I think mine was dinner. I love peanut sauce. 

What do you do to stay motivated to work out when it's dark early and/or rainy? 

2 comments:

  1. Is it terrible that the best thing I ate was soup today? Love your eats, those noodles look delicious.

    I am dying with the dark, rainy, cold (relatively! California is no Chicago) weather. The gyms are packed. I'm tired earlier, etc. I've been trying to go to classes to make me stay active.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh I know I should LOVE THE CALIFORNIA rains----but I do not.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete