Monday, February 23, 2015

It's 3:53 am on Monday Morning

...and I'm wide awake. Terry and I went to bed around 10 pm, but I have only slept about an hour, tossing and turning all night. Finally, I just gave up and got out of bed, hoping it would make me more tired so I can nap on our way down to San Diego this morning. So now I come to you with random, sleep-deprived, likely incoherent facts to start this week.

Last night our little family attended the world's greatest Oscar party (yes, even better than the ones the celebrities attend). Our friends hosted a baked potato bar (brilliant idea, by the way), plus a potluck, and everyone chatted and made our guesses for the evening. Then the real fun began. Our host handed out packets of envelopes to everyone.









Each packet contained about ten envelopes, and each envelope was assigned an Oscar category, such as Best Actor. When that category came up, if we had an envelope with the appropriate category, we opened our envelopes, and if our paper had the winner, we got money! (Everyone bought in with $10 per person.) You also could win money if you guessed the winners correctly, but the random envelope game made it fun for everyone, especially since most of us hadn't seen any of the movies. I definitely recommend it for your next Oscar party!

Another huge highlight of the weekend was visiting our friends and meeting Katie and Corey's brand new baby, Tessa. She is tiny and so sweet and perfect! The happy family now has two beautiful daughters, and I've never seen them look so happy. Congratulations to two of my favorite people!


Yesterday morning, before heading up to visit the new arrival, I decided I needed a little strength training in my life. I set a timer for 20 minutes and did either push ups (between 5-10) or tricep dips (15) every minute on the minute. I'm definitely feeling it this morning already!

Another workout this weekend was a fun hike as a family of three. We received a hand-me-down backpack thing for Marshall from Terry's coworker, and Marshall seemed to love it! Honestly, it looked a little uncomfortable for him, but he was happy as a clam, so I guess he's fine in there. I think he liked being up a little higher than the Ergo allows, and he seemed happy to see in front of him (rather than just to the side).


Beautiful sunset from Friday night:


As I mentioned, we're heading out this morning for a quick trip to San Diego. Terry will be working, so Marshall and I decided to join him for a mini-getaway. Then later this week my parents will be coming down for a super fast trip. I hope all the travel and visitors will make for a fun week! Let's also hope it means I'll find a way to get some sleep, huh?

That's it for now. I hope you're having a wonderful start to your week!

What do you do when you can't sleep? I usually watch TV, but sometimes that keeps me up even later, so I try little tricks to settle my mind and help me doze off. Last night was just one of those nights where even if I managed to fall asleep, a dream or some crazy wind/rain woke me up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment