Sunday, February 15, 2015


We've been a little under the weather over here, but I wanted to pop in to share some fun scenes from lately.

Despite feeling sick (coughing, runny nose, congestion), Marshall has still found himself crawling all over the house and finding new ways to enjoy all his toys.

But I won't lie: Sometimes this whole sick thing makes him more cuddly, and I love cuddling with this guy! (Normally I can't get him to cuddle for more than three seconds.)

For some quiet time, Terry tried to read with Marshall. It was a miserable time for everyone.

Today we decided to move the glider into the nursery to see if we like it better in there. Marshall got a kick out of playing with the ottoman.

So did Scout.

Workouts lately have been pretty inconsistent, but I've really focused on getting 10,000 steps per day. Finally, on Friday, when I was feeling better (short-lived), Terry and I did a lower body workout. We have been hobbling around ever since.

24 minutes, no equipment necessary (I used weights for some exercises but they weren't needed), done and done.

We ran a few errands today, including a stop at PetSmart. Marshall found the birds and fish fascinating, and I realized we can skip paying for zoos and aquariums and just go to pet stores for the same least for a few years.

At some point last week we grilled up a bunch of vegetables and ate them with goat cheese, hummus, and pita. One of our favorite ways to eat our veggies.

Marshall liked them, but he's had some rough times lately.

But some fun times, too! We checked out a new park, and it is GORGEOUS. We kept calling it Eagleton (Parks and Rec fans, you know what I mean).

 It was huge and well maintained and truly beautiful. The bathrooms were, by far, the best public bathrooms I've ever seen, fully stocked and everything. I told Terry I was surprised they didn't have a bathroom attendant in there.

Valentine's Day was delightfully low-key. Breakfast: scrambled eggs, pancakes, and raspberries (Marshall got to eat all three! I just swapped out the honey for maple syrup in the pancake recipe).

And lunch: spinach salad with sliced almonds, goat cheese, dried cranberries, and a balsamic vinegar, plus roasted sweet potatoes.

We took a looooong walk in the morning near the cliffs by the ocean and saw tons of sea lions. Then we spent most of the day at home, and Terry and I enjoyed our traditional fondue dinner with champagne and caramel brownies. For the brownies, I used Deb's (Smitten Kitchen) caramel recipe (so easy!) combined with a modified version of Lisa's (100 Days of Real Food) brownie recipe.

The boys gave me flowers, too! Terry said Marshall chose "mums for his mum."

More cuddling with our little guy.

Plus, a fun Valentine's Day photo shoot with our bonus Valentine.

This week is a little up in the air right now. I'm still not feeling great, and Marshall is recovering but not 100%. We're focusing on lots of sleep and keeping/getting everyone healthy. But we also might have a little trip to SD for work for Terry, and in between all that we still have our usual classes as long as the little guy feels well enough. Here's hoping.

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and a great weekend! Enjoy your week!


  1. Such a cutie! I hope everyone feels better soon!

  2. That photo of you and Marshall with the LOVE blocks is so precious! Love it.