Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Today is Not Sunday

We're back from San Diego and relaxing on the couch after our first non-stressful return from one of Terry's road trips. Terry got off early, so we barely hit any traffic, and we were home in time for a homemade dinner of waffles and sweet potatoes (eh, you do what you gotta do). 

In San Diego, we enjoyed some nice weather after Monday's rain. Marshall explored our hotel room thoroughly.



We also went to Target, and he took his job of looking around very seriously.

Then he was exhausted, so he napped for over two hours.
His sweatshirt says, "Made of Awesome." Fact.


Also, shout out to Norstrom. I know they're famous for their good customer service, but I still love the reminder. I needed to replenish my makeup supply, but they were out of my color. So the Clinique lady gave me a free sample to take home, plus a sample of toner (what the heck is that?), and they're shipping the makeup I needed to my house for free. Amazing.

Today I was in charge of lunch (I brought takeout to Terry at work), but Terry helped because he found this salad/wrap place and I just picked it up. It was SO GOOD. I had a California Turkey wrap (lettuce, tomato, avocado, turkey, cheese, onion in a whole wheat wrap), and Terry had a Buffalo Chicken wrap (chicken, carrots, celery, lettuce, onion). The wraps were huge, but I housed the whole thing in about eight minutes while Marshall napped in the backseat. I'm sad they don't have a Greenspot in LA, but I'll definitely go there again next SD trip.

Random but exciting: Feeding Babies Foods with Peanuts Appears to Prevent Allergies. You just know I'm going to start Marshall on peanut butter this week!

Since we were out of town for two days, I feel like tonight is Sunday, but it's already Tuesday and that means my parents will be here tomorrow! It's going to be a quick trip again, so we're focusing on lots of grandparent time for Marshall. 

My goals for the year and for February aren't going great. I've been feeling less than stellar for most of the month, if I think about it, so I don't feel too terrible, but I really think I could get back on track with stretching 15 minutes a day and doing yoga. Today I didn't do yoga, but I did take Marshall for a walk and even jogged up a big hill. Better than nothing!

Okay, early bed again for us. Every few nights I have a terrible night of sleep for no reason, so I'm making an effort to go to bed earlier to make up for it. 

How are your New Year's resolutions going? Do you ever switch mid-year? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment