Sunday, December 29, 2013

Last Weekend of 2013

It was another wonderful weekend. On Friday, we headed down to the South Bay area to see Jenn and Justin and their families. We ended up chatting and playing a trivia game for a few hours, and we had a blast. I love hearing details about Jenn's upcoming wedding and seeing how excited she is. Seven and a half months to go!

Saturday, Terry and I slept in a bit before hitting up the treadmill for an incline walking workout. Here's what we did for a total of 40 minutes:


I ended up reducing almost all of the 4.0 speeds to 3.5 to keep my heart rate at a safe level during pregnancy, but I still felt very challenged and loved this workout. Terry found it tough, too!

We kept the rest of our morning pretty mellow, and then I had an eight-hour shift at work. It may have just been me, but I found the day stressful and the customers a bit rude. I think a lot of people are tired of shopping and need to take a little break. I was quite glad when the day ended and Terry picked me up!

Last night we headed to our neighbors' house for dinner, where we enjoyed steak, asparagus, sweet potatoes, and homemade ricotta gnocchi. Plus, for dessert, we dove into a Nutella tart and a brown butter apple pie. Everything was phenomenal!




But the night wasn't over yet: Our friends Fay and David who now live in DC stopped by for a quick visit after they attended the UCLA basketball game. I absolutely love those two. They are also getting married next year, in July, and it'll be another incredible one! They are just such a cute couple, and I loved even a short visit. I also can't wait because in January I'll be visiting them in DC for a whole weekend!

This morning, Terry and I slept in before we headed to the gym for a leg workout. After a 5 minute warm up, we did two rounds of 10 reps plus pulses to fatigue of the following:

  • Dumbbell split squats
  • Dumbbell plie squats
  • Hip abductors on stability ball
  • Dumbbell Romanian deadlifts
Then we walked about 3 miles to the farmer's market for a few items, ran some errands, and baked Smitten Kitchen's salted caramel brownies. We had some company for dinner and made tri tip sandwiches, Ina Garten's roasted potatoes, a simple winter salad (pears, pecans, gorgonzola, dried cranberries, salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and spinach), and those brownies. Games were played, conversation was had--it was a good time. 

We're ending the night with some couch time, 30 Rock, and cereal. I'm just thrilled that Terry has another week off at home!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! How are you going to make the last two days of 2013 incredible? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment