Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thanks Again


A few weeks ago, for Thanksgiving, I posted about the things in my life that make me feel grateful. Lately, things have been a little rough for me, and I've complained plenty about it. So I thought that perhaps I should devote another post to a few things that make me feel thankful.

I'm thankful to get to do a mini-pre-Christmas celebration with my family this weekend. More on that tomorrow.

I'm thankful for my husband and the fact that we manage to support each other even from 3,000 miles away.

I'm thankful for my students. My cheerleaders make me laugh every day, and I love seeing them improve and grow. My ELD students bring so much energy and joy into my classroom, and I get a kick out of watching them learn American customs. They love to say, "Happy Friday!" Yes, happy Friday, indeed.

I'm thankful for the world's most adorable cat. No offense to anyone else's cat, but they got nothing on Scout. 





I'm thankful for terrific friends. From a night out when I need a break to supporting my new little hobby (obsession?), my friends find ways to show me they care. Half of them live across the country, but we stay connected through e-mail and Gchat (thank you, Google!).

I'm thankful for the holidays. Without Christmas music, I may not have kept my sanity the last two weeks. Without Terry around, it doesn't quite feel like Christmas yet, but he got me a tree! How amazing is that? The tree, the lights, the music, the holiday movies, and little decorations around the city make me feel all fuzzy.

I am thankful that I got in a great workout yesterday. I spent a few hours cleaning, doing laundry, playing with Scout, packing for my trip this weekend, and talking with Terry, so I wasn’t sure I’d be able to get to the treadmill. Thankfully, I was super excited to try a new pyramid workout that I found on a new favorite blog. I really meant it Thursday when I said a new workout can really get me motivated! I made a few changes to Courtney's workout and then headed to my apartment's gym (well, after three failed attempts because all the machines were taken).


At first, I found this workout to be a little too easy, but the length and incline helped give me a challenge, and I really worked up a sweat by the end. 7.5 mph for two minutes is no joke! 

So despite a rough few weeks and seriously missing my husband, I'm still thankful for all the positive in my life, and I guess I need to focus on those things more.

1 comment: