Sunday, October 21, 2012

Autumn in a Bowl

Already, this weekend has gone by in a flash, and I can't believe tomorrow is Sunday. Where does the time go?

This morning I woke up way too early for a weekend and fixed the world's most delicious bowl of oatmeal. Just regular oatmeal topped with a tiny bit of maple syrup, a splash of milk, a dash of cinnamon, a scoop of peanut butter, and a crumbled pumpkin muffin.


I told Terry that it tasted like autumn in a bowl. He teased me, but I know he agreed it was delicious! I headed to school to proctor an exam for the students. I tried to use the time to get some work done, but those plans are never as successful as we hope. Still, I was glad to be able to help out the kids. And...

It rained today! It was just a drizzle, and only for the morning, but moisture most certainly existed, and those glorious few hours have provided hope that the heat is, indeed, done for the year. I may be wrong, but a girl can dream.

Once I got back home, I completed my Increasing Speed Treadmill Workout and the Deceptively Difficult Arm Workout. Both got me sweaty and fatigued, and I was ready for lunch and a shower to round out the afternoon.

This evening, Terry and I met up with friends for dinner and a musical. Since the show was at the Pantages, we chose a nearby bar and grill for dinner. I took the night off from pictures, but I'll tell you that Blue Palms Brewhouse is certainly worth a visit if you're ever in Hollywood. The food was really great all around, and the beer on tap wasn't too shabby at all. The atmosphere, while loud, made the evening even more fun as we got ready for the show.


And then we all walked over to the Pantages for The Book of Mormonl Have you seen it yet? It's hilarious! I can tell there are certain parts that could easily offend many people, but the show was extremely well written and performed. We had a wonderful time with friends, as always!

And now, as I've fallen asleep about four times writing this short post, it's time for bed. I hope you have a great Sunday!

What was the last great musical or play you saw?

2 comments:

  1. i have been dying to see the book of mormon. I wish I could see it! hope you had a blast

    ReplyDelete