(Follow me on Twitter!)
Terry and I tackled the workout together, and we both felt the burn--as in couldn't-lift-our-arms-up-to-get-a-glass-down-from-the-cabinet burn. And after two weeks of not-so-great effort on my part in terms of boot camp, I was thrilled to get my butt kicked.
The workout was probably my favorite so far for Round Three. (By the way, Round Four is now OPEN for registration!) The workout included six groups of upper-body strength exercises performed Tabata-style. I loved the fast pace and how quickly each set of exercises finished. After this round of boot camp I may try designing a similar workout for myself, but for now I'm excited for the lower-body version of this workout on Thursday.
Just for fun: Ways to Make December Delightful
- Eat at the table instead of in front of the TV (Terry and I are trying this one for all of December!)
- Turn a night of shopping into a real night out--add a picture with Santa, a dessert out, or a night cap.
- Pump up your workout routine--perhaps Courtney's 2012 Closeout Workout Challenge?
- Watch this video.
- Buy a new Christmas ornament or holiday decoration.
- Install a bathtub on your roof (anyone see New Girl tonight?).
- Do more yoga.
- Try a new recipe.
- Watch your favorite holiday movie.
- Take a break to embrace the moment and be thankful.
One of the best parts of my day today was chatting with my friend Amanda about Princess Kate's pregnancy. I love the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and I followed all their wedding planning. I'm pretty stoked that Terry and I got married the same year they did. Did anyone else wake up/stay up to watch the wedding live?
Anyway, I'm pretty thrilled for them, and Amanda and I decided it would be best to just go ahead and offer to host the baby shower for her so that she would be obligated to attend. Thoughts?