This quiz came from Julie, who took the idea from Tina, so I'm jumping on board. 1. I’m happiest when… I'm with Terry and Marshall.
2.. …Especially if...we're traveling. Actually, we haven't traveled anywhere with the little guy yet, but Terry and I are already scheming how early we can take him on a getaway. This weekend we'll have our first overnighter in Ojai, California, for Jenn and Justin's wedding, and two weeks later we'll drive to the Bay Area for the first time. Those two trips should give us a good sense of how he'll handle sleeping in new places and long car rides.
3. I’ve always wanted to…live in another country. I don't know if it's a genuine wish--if Terry or I received some awesome job offer in Paris, would we go?--but I've always entertained the thought of living abroad, just for a year or so.
4. My family and I…are just learning what it means to be a family of three (four, including Scout!). It's hilarious, scary, and exciting all at once.
5. I was a terrible…driver when I first learned to drive. I actually ran out of gas AT a gas station. I also backed into a super expensive Mercedes when I was 16. But now I'm actually very proud of my driving skills. It just took a few years navigating the streets of LA to get me there. You should see me parallel park now!
6. My first job was… teaching dance to little kids! I choreographed routines to "If I Only Had a Brain" and "Somewhere Out There".
7. I could probably eat a brownie sundae everyday. Other possible answers: hamburgers, almost any dessert, cheese, and cereal.
8. I stole…the idea for this post. :-)
9. I was born on the same day as…Hulk Hogan. Jennifer Aniston's half birthday is the same as my birthday. And I have a friend who was born on the same day in the same hospital as me!
10. My all-time favorite film is… The Sound of Music.
("I Have Confidence" Lane in Salzburg!)
11. I do a pretty mean…impression of a lot of people, actually. It's a hidden talent that Terry has noticed.
12. I’m still mad…that I had a C-section. I know I'll get over it eventually, but I'm not there yet.
13. I met my husband…in college. We were both counselors for UCLA's Orientation program.
14. I always knew I wanted…to be a wife and mother. So far, it's even better than I dreamed!
15. I’m not afraid to…travel. It's expensive and flying can be scary and taking time off from work can be a pain and it takes you completely out of your comfort zone, but traveling the world has been the second most rewarding experience in my almost-29 years (second only to the experience of being a wife and mother...see #14).
16. I make the best…pancakes!
17. I have almost no... fashion sense.
18. I always cry when…I see or hear about animal abuse.
19. I’m a mom, but I still can't believe it. Sometimes I think of myself as a teenager and can't believe I'm actually about to turn 29, married, with a child.
20. I spent…my childhood in the Bay Area, still one of my favorite places in the world. San Francisco is my #2 favorite city! (Can you guess #1?)
21. I wish my folks…lived closer to me, or I to them. I would give almost anything to be able to see my parents more regularly (and my brother and his wife, too).
There they are, folks.
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with dollsand gymnastics.
23. I believe if everyone walked more, the world would be a better place. Fresh air, exercise, less pollution, time to unwind and de-stress, perhaps even a friendly chat with neighbors...I'm sure it wouldn't hurt, anyway!
24. I can’t stand…when someone asks a question and doesn't listen to the answer.
25. Whenever Friendsis on, I’ll watch it. It's like a sickness, really. What's your favorite city? What could you eat every day?