Monday, October 13, 2014

Flashback Monday Isn't a Thing

This week will be another fun adventure for our little family. Terry has to go to San Diego yet again for work, but it's a longer trip this time. I actually enjoyed joining him the last two times; San Diego is beautiful and there are plenty of baby-friendly spots for me to take Marshall. But since he'll be there for three nights, I'm going to switch things up and visit my parents in Northern California. My dad will fly down tonight, stay with us, and then drive with me, Marshall, and Scout(!) up to their house.

I hate that Terry will have to be away, but this solution is a best-case scenario. I get time with my family and also will have a few chances to take a break. When I go to San Diego (and all the time, really), I'm 100% responsible for Marshall, obviously. It's fun and I think I'm doing a pretty good job, but it's exhausting, too! Especially now that we're working on better naps for Marshall (strictly in the crib, trying to get him to put himself to sleep instead of us rocking him, etc.), I'm pretty beat by the end of the day. This week I'll have a few chances to let Marshall hang out with his grandparents while I rest up a little. And bonus: my parents' backyard is done now, so I get to check it out!

And now some fun scenes from the weekend:

Marshall and I rooted for the Giants (daddy is a Dodgers fan), which succeeded on Saturday but not on Sunday. GO GIANTS!!!

Terry went to the UCLA game on Saturday (rough one, Bruins) and then decided that Marshall needed to try on his first ball cap. 

Saturday night we made one of our favorite meals: Grilled Veggie Kebabs


Yesterday we headed to our friends' house for their daughters' birthday party (one turning one, one turning two). Marshall really got into it.

So did Terry.

And last night, I desperately searched for something to make that would A) make enough to serve us Sunday night and Monday night (with my dad in town for the latter), and B) be something my dad would enjoy (he's not super picky, but you should have seen his face that time I served him a turkey burger). Shepherd's pie fit the bill.
Ground beef, onions, red bell peppers, zucchini, and mashed potatoes. Terry's favorite dish I make!

I started the morning with some oatmeal with raisins, maple syrup, peanut butter, and homemade peanut butter granola. YUM.


Flashback Monday! (Not a thing?) My mom randomly sent over this photo of me. I have no idea when I took it, but I assume I was around eight or nine months pregnant. It's so funny--I barely remember my pregnancy! It feels like such a blur. I blame the fact that we moved in the middle of it--SO much stress. But anyway, hi Marshall!
(And Scout!)

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Any fun plans this week?

Where are you traveling next? Terry and I just realized yesterday that we haven't been on a plane since our trip to D.C. in January. That's a record for us! Our travels will be fairly limited for a while, but we're enjoying the close-to-home-ness that comes with parenting an infant. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment