Zucchini muffins (recipe from 100 Days of Real Food)
I've been on a baking kick lately. (Actually, I'm always on a baking kick; it's really just about how much time I make to actually do the baking.) I haven't bothered to buy any oil, so I've used melted butter instead, and now I can't understand why anyone would ever make muffins with anything but melted butter. Especially Kerrygold butter, which is officially my favorite butter. (I buy it at Costco, even though they only carry the salted version, and then I just omit the salt from whatever I'm making.)
This weekend we took Marshall to the Getty! It was a lovely day, and he obviously loved all the art. His favorites are the Renaissance and Medieval works.
- Meal planned and grocery shopped on Friday (we hit Costco, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's--it was a fun little family outing!)
- Baked some pumpkin muffins to snack on throughout the week, plus the zucchini muffins above
- Terry grilled a ton of salmon and cooked up some brown rice so we could split it all up into lunches for the week
- I chopped and roasted (with olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic) zucchini, asparagus, and butternut squash--we're throwing some of those veggies into the salmon/rice bowls for lunch and some of them into burger salads
And here's a photo from our jog/walk over the weekend:
We only went about two miles, but I pushed the stroller for a bit and there were some slight inclines. We also added a short leg workout:
- 10 back lunges per leg (pulse three times for each rep)
- 10 180 squat jumps
- 10 side lunges per leg
- 10 star jumps
- 10 one-leg deadlifts per leg
- 10 tuck jumps
It was enough to get my hamstrings a little sore the next day, so I think I'll try it again and repeat it a few times.
Now my parents are in town (I've been writing this post since Monday...story of my life), and we've been busy all week. We went on a long walk yesterday (and I worked up the courage to introduce myself to two other moms with young babies, and we are going to hang out!), then met up with Terry for lunch. Terry and I went on a date night last night. Marshall rolled over four times the other day (back to tummy)! And today we're going up to Santa Monica for some walking and lunch. It's a beautiful day here, but I really hope it cools down for good soon. I love having my parents here--it's lovely to have some adult company during the day!
In case you missed it...Marshall's four month post!
Hope you're having a fabulous week!