Wednesday, November 5, 2014


It's really been a nice week around here so far. Yesterday Marshall and I met up with Terry for lunch. 

Studs too good to look at the camera.

Marshall and I have been to Buy Buy Baby no fewer than four times in the last week or so, which is exhausting. That store is awesome and overwhelming. We needed some cozier sleepwear for Marshall, though, so I grabbed a fleece sleep sack but also almost bought this adorable Christmas onesie with a tie:

Luckily Marshall is growing too quickly for BBB, because they only had 9 month sizes and Marshall will for sure be out of that by Christmas!

This morning I met up with my new mom friends for a walk. We have six moms now! We walked near Terranea for about an hour and then let the babies (ranging five weeks to five months) roll around on blankets while we all chatted. It's lovely to meet new people, let Marshall interact with other babies, and get out of the house to do new things! Plus, despite the hot weather (yeah, that's back), it was a beautiful day! I didn't take any photos, but here's another one of Terry and Marshall from the other day.

Scout has been loving this cooler weather lately. He's super snuggly at night and really enjoys curling up with us anytime he gets a chance. Sadly, he often tries to cuddle while Marshall is eating, so I have to get up to burp the kid within a few minutes, but we're all finding our rhythm.

Tonight Terry and I agreed to squeeze in a quick workout while hanging out with Marshall in his room. We did another every-minute-on-the-minute workout: 5 push ups + 10 squats every minute for 15 minutes. It was super quick, not too sweaty, and Marshall thought it was funny that Terry tickled his feet every time he did a squat. Marshall also got to join for the last set of squats!

Last night Marshall slept through the night. He woke up twice (midnight and 3:30), but put himself back to sleep without needing anything from me. At 6 am Terry's alarm went off and I made him go check on Marshall, who was awake and hanging out in his crib. I fed him and he went back to sleep for more than two hours! I'm proud, but I'm also chalking a lot of his sleepiness up to a little cold. Hopefully he'll feel better soon, but I'm still impressed that he slept so well!

And here's a little WIAW action for you:

Breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, a touch of maple syrup, some granola, and unsweetened coconut. My oatmeal toppings went a little overboard today, if that's possible, but it was delicious.

Lunch: leftover vegetarian fajitas (bell peppers, zucchini, black beans, Greek yogurt) on a tortilla

Snack: graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips, plus a cup of tea.

Dinner: We actually enjoyed a two-course meal tonight! Leftover tomato bisque and leftover shrimp pasta.

For the pasta, I made a recipe we usually make but with a little flair. It's super simple; I just tossed together:
  • 1 pound whole wheat pasta
  • 1/2 large bag of medium cooked shrimp (I pulled all the tails off while they defrosted)
  • 1 container cherry tomatoes, roasted with minced garlic and olive oil at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes
  • pesto (I used store-bought, but homemade would have been even better)--about 3/4 of a TJ's jar
  • pine nuts, to garnish
  • chopped basil, because I was feeling fancy

Delicious meal. Marshall even joined us at the table! He's not eating solids yet, but he'll start soon, so we're getting him used to the idea of sitting with us. It's so fun to have him hang out with us for dinner now!

(We gave him a persimmon to play with. He ignored it in favor of his hands.)

For dessert: graham crackers, homemade whipped cream, and chocolate chips. SO GOOD.

And that's a wrap! In case you missed it, you can check out some pretty ridiculously adorable photos of Marshall's first Halloween here. He was such a cute Harold!

1 comment:

  1. That dessert looks so yummy! And I'm officially becoming a crazy cat person because my favorite part of your posts are seeing Scout! haha