Friday, May 17, 2013

Looking Forward

Two nights off from blogging, huh? Even tonight's post promises to be a short one so we can get to sleep before an alumni event at UCLA tomorrow.

It's burger and fries night over here.



Terry took to the BBQ while I baked those sweet potatoes. We topped the burgers with homemade pesto, melted mozzarella, and fresh tomatoes.


There may have been some dessert involving brownies and ice cream.

This week has been hectic, to say the least. We've had some major discussions about what the future holds, which are surprisingly fun, stressful, and overwhelming, all at once. I had also slacked off on my workouts and couldn't wait to get on the treadmill after work today. I ended up completing four miles, walking a little here and there. It felt fantastic!

Instead of dwelling on the rough week behind us and looking too far ahead, I thought I'd write about the upcoming events I'm excited for in the near future:

  • delta season - waterskiing, family, relaxation--and long islands :-) 
  • the new episodes of Arrested Development
  • summer and a merciful break from grading...only a few weeks away!
  • taking a BBQ class with Terry in a few weeks
  • completing a city-wide scavenger hunt with friends soon
  • plenty of birthdays, get-togethers, summer movies, and good times!
Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy this weekend with my husband and friends and pray for a more mellow week next week. And I might enjoy another one of those brownies...

What are you most looking forward to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment