Wednesday, February 5, 2014

TGIW + WIAW

As I mentioned at the beginning of the week, it's a short one for us, but it's been tough for Terry and me. We've made some decisions about our future, talked a lot about getting ready for the baby, and worked hard at work and at home. Unfortunately, my body didn't like all that stress at once, and I got another massive stomachache today. Thankfully, I felt better fairly quickly, and we took a rest day from working out to just relax. We just started watching Burning Love, which is hilarious (if you haven't heard of it, it's a parody of The Bachelor with tons of celebrities and awesome writing).

Tomorrow we're heading up to Lake Arrowhead for the night to celebrate Terry's coworker's wedding. It looks like it'll be chilly but not as cold as DC, so I'm looking forward to the road trip, the wedding, and hopefully a hike in the morning. My friend Jenn stayed where we're staying, and she suggested some hiking trails for us. I'm sure the views will be gorgeous!

Alright, let's get to the nitty gritty: What I Ate Wednesday!


The theme of WIAW this month is "Love Your Veggies," which I guess I did today. Or at least I ate some varied veggies, which has become unusual around here. 

Ummm...minus the strawberries, this was my breakfast. I can't wait for berries to come back in season!

Cottage cheese at work

Broccoli cheese soup does not photograph well. But it was my lunch. I only ate about half, but it was plenty. A little later, on my way home, I ate a pear, which was perfectly ripe. 

Afternoon snack: a peanut butter "brownie"


And then half a PB&J sandwich with milk

Dinner: leftover stir fry from last night, which included green beans, red bell peppers, onion, pineapple, broccoli slaw with carrots (bagged from Trader Joe's), brown rice, and the sesame-ginger dressing we used on our similar pasta last time. 

Dessert tonight: hot cocoa with homemade whipped cream (I told you I can't get enough of the stuff!), and I have a feeling I'll enjoy a blondie soon enough.


Other highlights of the week have included cuddling with Scout:


It looks like he's snuggling with the bump, but really he's just starting to figure out that he really doesn't fit on my lap anymore. He later moved to his own spot on the couch. 


 and some good workouts. My arms just finally loosened up from the upper body workout, and my legs are still sore from that crazy tush workout the other day.

And that's it around here for now. I am so looking forward to a very early start to the weekend tomorrow! Hope you have a great end to the week.

Of possible interest: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment