Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sick on a WIAW

This week has been a bit of a blur. I'm on Day Four of a pretty rough cold (body aches, runny nose, sore throat, cough, fatigue), but I'm hoping all the sleep, rest, and fluids I've gotten over the last few days will do the trick. Plus Scout has been helpful.





We got to see an ultrasound of the baby, but actually I started to feel woozy while on the table. I got all clammy and couldn't focus on the screen anymore, so I told the doctor I wasn't feeling well. Luckily, he said it was completely normal and simply told me to roll over to my left side.

Pregnant women are supposed to avoid lying on their backs because the increased size and weight of your abdomen can cause obstruction of the vena cava, a vein on the right/posterior side of the body. So my position on the table for even a few minutes was apparently enough to cause me to feel faint! Thankfully I'm totally better now, but it was similar to feelings I've had when I've donated platelets and plasma before.

I'm a little bummed because I wasn't able to focus all my attention on the baby, and we weren't able to snag a new picture of the ultrasound images. The next ultrasound isn't for eight more weeks, but at least we know all is well. I was concerned about my weight gain because I hadn't had much of an appetite lately, but my doctor is still very happy with my progress.

I've been feeling pretty awful all day, so tonight's WIAW will be a quick one. Still, I hope you had a great day of delicious eats!


Breakfast: scrambled eggs, bread (our toaster's shot), and chamomile

Snacks throughout the day: Homemade Lara bars, which I just made into bite-size pieces

Lunch: leftover beefy pasta


Snack: banana with peanut butter

Snack: Almonds


Dinner: sausage, cheese, and broccoli quiche with a sweet potato

Dessert: milk and more Lara bar bites!

Here's hoping for a healthy day tomorrow!



Of Possible Interest:

0 comments:

Post a Comment