Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lots of Photos of Marshall and Some Photos of Food

I mean, let's just call a spade a spade, right? 

Terry caught this moment where both of our four-legged creatures found themselves side by side. My heart just about exploded when I found it on his phone.


Saturday was awesome. Terry had a football practice for his work's flag football league, so Marshall and I joined him at the park. Hanging out with that kid on the swings might just be the greatest thing I've ever experienced. But I also let him crawl around in the grass for the first time, and it turned out to be wet grass, so that was fun.


Marshall took a long snooze on me in the Ergo, and we wandered up a long path in Manhattan Beach. I loved the scenery so much that I barely noticed the extra 21 pounds on me.


Then we met up with Terry for lunch at Simmzy's, one of our favorite places to grab a burger. Since it was brunch time, we split the burger and also ordered a pulled pork egg burrito. SO GOOD. And then Marshall decided he's going to drink water out of glasses now.




Sunday Terry and I got a chance for a little day date, which was nice, but honestly I was completely exhausted and could barely enjoy it. Marshall's sleep has been less than consistent lately, so I was beat! Thankfully we still managed to enjoy the afternoon and ran a few errands after lunch, so it wasn't a total loss. 

I concocted this pretty delightful salad on Sunday night: kale, butternut squash (roasted), black beans, leftover beer can chicken, pepperjack cheese, homemade guacamole, Greek yogurt, and tomatoes. YUM.


I have no idea what happened yesterday. I'm sure it was great. But tonight we took a family jog at the park (3 miles! Our longest of the month--only 5 miles to go before the end of the month!), and we let Marshall hang out in the swings for a few minutes.

He giggles the entire time.

I made dinner while the boys hung out in Marshall's room, and then I got some new mommy and Marshall photos.
Those legs!



Tonight's meal: whole wheat crepes with ricotta and wilted spinach plus roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash on the side. And some Frank Family chardonnay, which is always a treat!

And now it's time for bed! My parents will be in town for the rest of the week, and I can't wait for them to see all Marshall's new skills--crawling, pulling up to his knees, and lots of chatter!

Oh, and just for fun: 10 Things I Actually Do When the Baby Sleeps (describes me exactly).

What's been your best meal lately? I'm going to go with the crepes. Perfect mix of flavors!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, Marshall is adorable! And I need to try those whole wheat crepes...they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete