Thursday, March 19, 2015

Friday Favorites

I'm dealing with a little writer's block this week. Even if I found time to write, I struggled to piece together a post that had any decent content whatsoever. So I opted for sleep and time with my husband, and now it's Friday so I have an excuse to randomly list things I like. That's the way to do it, friends.

Marshall is a standing maniac! I realize this behavior is quite common with babies, but it's so crazy how he learns a skill and then just goes to town! He stands (pulls up on whatever is near him), falls, stands, squats, stands, reaches for something, falls, lets go with one hand, falls, stands. ALL. DAY. LONG. It's amazing and adorable and funny and a little scary how quickly it all happened. Wasn't he just learning to roll over?

Today I suddenly felt inspired to get active, so naturally I did three workouts. During Marshall's first nap I ignored the ridiculous mess that is our house and turned on Once Upon a Time (see below) and did about thirty minutes of yoga. Then before My Gym I took Marshall for a walk, at which point I suddenly felt compelled to run about 3/4 of a mile. And then after the little guy was asleep Terry and I quickly did some upper body work. I realize they were all super short workouts, so really they total one normal workout, but I am counting it as three because they happened at different times.

Oh, and I saw this couple walking their giraffe. I know it looks like a dog because it's grey, but I'm pretty sure it was just a grey giraffe.



I am officially excited about Once Upon a Time. I really want to watch all the old episodes of The Middle, but I can't find them streaming anywhere, so I had to find a new show to enjoy. My sister-in-law told me she liked Once Upon a Time a while back, so I threw on the pilot and LOVED it! Now I'm three deep and addicted.

Yesterday Marshall got to put his toes in the sand (at a park) for the first time!


Today at My Gym Marshall wore his POLICE onesie (which is all black with white writing and totally bad ass) plus Giants shorts. His last name is Heinrich and he looks exactly like his daddy, but that kid was all Lanier today! (My parents are retired law enforcement and my whole family are Giants fans--the clothes were gifts from my parents and my brother and Ashley.) Also a little girl stole a ball from Marshall and her mom said, "No, Sophia, don't steal from the police! You're supposed to suck up to them!" I want to be her friend.


I made copycat Lara Bar balls today. 1 cup dates, 1 cup cashews, 2/3 cup coconut, pinch of salt. Process in food processor until everything is tiny. Roll into balls. Store in fridge. SO GOOD. I won't judge you if you add chocolate chips.


I love this article about getting kids to eat healthy. I'm sure it's easier said than done, and maybe in a few years I'll be whistling a different tune, but it's inspiring. No food in the car! All meals and snacks eaten at the table! Ah, one can dream.

GO BRUINS!!!

Off to bed! Have a wonderful Friday and a relaxing weekend. Best of luck to the Bruins! Round Two here we come!

1 comment:

  1. LAUGHING as we all need to find what works for us and I was ALL FOOD IN CARE :_) and snacks on couch...

    ReplyDelete