Friday, June 15, 2012

First Real Day of Summer

...but I've still managed to fill up every second so far. Let's catch up on yesterday first, since my last post was Wednesday.

Yesterday I woke up knowing one thing: I wanted frozen yogurt. I've been craving it for weeks it seems, and there's really no reason we haven't gone. It's just that by the time we usually eat dessert, it's already been a long day and we'd rather just eat what we have at home. So I spent the day dreaming up what flavors and toppings I would get and trying not to drool.

Spoiler alert: I didn't get frozen yogurt last night.

I did, however, complete a kickass workout that served as my cross training and strength for the day.


Of course, you can change the inclines or speeds to work for you. I have long legs, so 4.5 isn't crazy, but my mom has very short legs and says 4.0 is better for her. Do what works for you!

I also completed a strength workout inspired by a book I'm reading, Carrots 'N' Cake by Tina Haupert.

She also has a blog, and her book is written blog-style, with several recipes and workouts interspersed throughout! This particular workout included biceps curls, overhead press, dumbbell rows, triceps extension, calf raises, and planks. I added chest press and lunges. It got my whole body working!

The rest of the day yesterday included cleaning, lunch with Terry,



cutting up a mango for the first time,
Two knives and a big mess


It didn't go so well

and another cheer practice. I am officially finished at my old position, but I'm helping with the transition to the new coach over there.

I also convinced Jenn, Justin, and Terry that we all needed to hang out and try my new recipe from the day before. See, I had created a slow cooker recipe and didn't get around to making it until 3 pm on Wednesday, which meant it wouldn't be ready in time for dinner that night. Instead, we packed it all up to marinate for another day. More time means more flavor, right?
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches


Well, we ended up loving the BBQ pulled pork recipe and I'm eager to share it with you soon. I made tons to ensure that Terry would have leftovers, because I leave for Las Vegas tonight. I'm heading out there to celebrate my future sister-in-law's bachelorette party!

To get ready to go today, I had tons of errands and chores to finish this morning. I slept in a little (assuming I would need plenty of energy for the weekend...) and got straight to work: quick breakfast,

Yogurt, walnuts, peanut butter, honey...but something was missing...

There we go!

packing, bank, post office, grocery store (can't leave my man without some healthy foods!), and dishes from last night. I also threw in a 4-mile run, since I'm not sure how much time I'll have to squeeze in a workout in Vegas. Oh, and I ate a seriously scrumptious lunch:

Whole wheat pita, big handful of spinach, Havarti cheese, and two eggs. So delicious and perfect for a post-workout meal.

That's a salad, right?

Hope you're having a wonderful Friday! Enjoy the weekend, too.

Scout says hi :-)


Do you ever put chocolate into your breakfast? Any recipes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment