Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day from Vegas

Happy Father's Day! I hope you're finding a way to celebrate the dads in your life. My dad, mom, and brother are up at the delta today, enjoying some hot weather. My dad has always been my greatest mentor and someone I truly admire. I've learned so much from his leadership qualities, ability to relate to anyone, and incredible generosity. My father is my hero, but, as a police officer, he has been a hero to many. I'm lucky to have a father who always, always chooses to do the right thing. I still go to him first for advice any time I have a moral question, and he never hesitates to help me work through my dilemma. So happy father's day to my dad, my hero, and, I'm pleased to say, my friend.








I'm not with my pops this weekend because I'm in Vegas celebrating Ashley at her bachelorette party! It's a group of nine of us, enjoying the sun and the nightlife. Maggie and Jessica, the planners, did an incredible job putting together a kickass weekend full of free access to clubs, admission to pool parties, and time to relax. Vegas is definitely not my scene, but I've found this weekend to be great.

Yeah, we got shirts. "Ashley's Last Fling Before the Ring"


The Maid of Honor, Bride, and Matron of Honor

Delicious pretzel sticks at last night's dinner

Incredible salted butter

Out on the town

Day at the pool

Ashley's bachelorette "to-do list"

Today's lunch

FINALLY

Other highlights of the weekend so far (we leave tomorrow):

  • There's a Bouchon Bakery less than one minute from our room
  • Getting to know several ladies I hadn't met before
  • Hitting the gym -- to this point, I had no idea that Vegas hotels even had gyms...
  • Enjoying the best mojito I've had from a bar (Delta mojitos are still better!)

Some great reads for the weekend:

0 comments:

Post a Comment