I'm not with my pops this weekend because I'm in Vegas celebrating Ashley at her bachelorette party! It's a group of nine of us, enjoying the sun and the nightlife. Maggie and Jessica, the planners, did an incredible job putting together a kickass weekend full of free access to clubs, admission to pool parties, and time to relax. Vegas is definitely not my scene, but I've found this weekend to be great.
|Yeah, we got shirts. "Ashley's Last Fling Before the Ring"|
|The Maid of Honor, Bride, and Matron of Honor|
|Delicious pretzel sticks at last night's dinner|
|Incredible salted butter|
|Out on the town|
|Day at the pool|
|Ashley's bachelorette "to-do list"|
Other highlights of the weekend so far (we leave tomorrow):
- There's a Bouchon Bakery less than one minute from our room
- Getting to know several ladies I hadn't met before
- Hitting the gym -- to this point, I had no idea that Vegas hotels even had gyms...
- Enjoying the best mojito I've had from a bar (Delta mojitos are still better!)
Some great reads for the weekend:
- Nine-Year-Old's school lunch blog shut down, causes huge controversy (www.wired.com)
- Gina's awesome Summer Shape Up (free and includes meal plans!) (The Fitnessista)