I spent most of the day at home getting certified as a CPR/First Aid instructor--success! Terry and I are both officially instructors and can certify anyone in CPR, First Aid, Care for Children, and AED/CPR. So, hey, if you're in the LA area and need or want to get certified, let us know!
After our course, which was pretty draining, we were both seriously dreading our training run of 4.5 miles. We had to do it; we skipped it yesterday thinking today would be better. But first we caught up on So You Think You Can Dance and Colbert Report snacked on pistachios and cake. Talk about pre-run fuel, huh? And then I prepped dinner before we laced up our shoes and headed out, grumbling the whole way.
|This is me. (Source)|
Luckily, once we got going, we knew it wouldn't be horrible. The first mile always SUCKS for me. My muscles are still trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing to them, and my mind keeps repeating how many miles I have to go. But after that first mile, I usually feel pretty good for awhile. The last mile is also rough, but by that point I've come so far I can't just stop. Running is a seriously mental activity, at least for me; I struggle a lot but enjoy the challenge--and the post-run endorphins!
We got home and made pizza for dinner, topped with zucchini, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. I shaped them into rectangles to spice things up, and Terry said it was my best pizza ever. Coincidence? I think not!
|"Fun" pizza - yep, I'm a real crazy gal|
|What to do with the other pizza crust while you wait for the first one to cook.|
We spent the rest of the night watching Jeopardy and looking at silly websites like Jenna Marbles and Failbook. Yep, Friday nights around here are wild.
In other news, I got the Final Jeopardy question right!
Okay, guys, let's get serious. Today marks 10 days until Boot Camp! Who's joining? So far, several of my friends plus my mom have said they're in! So exciting to have such a good group on board!
|From Tina's site|
For those unaware, I'm going to participate in Tina's Best Body Boot Camp again from July 23 to September 16. Here are the facts:
- It's 100% online, so you can participate from anywhere in the world.
- Tina e-mails the workouts, along with video demonstrations of each move.
- The workouts are designed for 5 days per week, but you can accommodate as needed.
- The workouts are around 60 minutes, but again you can accommodate as needed.
- I found a lot of the workouts very challenging, but you can adjust to make them easier or harder depending on your fitness levels. Tina provides lots of variations.
- There's a Facebook group you can join to see how other people are doing, motivate yourself, and ask questions of Tina or other participants.
- The workouts are all different. Sometimes you repeat the same series of moves, but there's always something tweaked.
- Tina provides both resistance (strength) and cardio training.
- It costs $25 for 8 weeks of workouts.
Here's why I think it was so awesome:
- For 8 full weeks, I had complete workouts built for me, which was motivating. I couldn't use the excuse of not knowing what I wanted to do or just throw out a lazy workout, and sometimes I need that kick in the butt.
- The boot camp forced me to try new moves, like the Turkish Get Up, which got me out of my comfort zone.
- My tush was like a rock. No joke.
- I usually did my workouts in the afternoon, so I got to see everyone's Facebook comments about the day's workout and got so pumped to try it out.
- I could do every single move in my apartment or outside. I could have done it all at a gym, also. No excuses.
- Side note: I got to meet Tina at BLEND Retreat, and she is just the coolest. That's just a bonus.
Okay, are you in? Have I convinced you? Remember it starts July 23! If you have questions, let me know via e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter.
And finally, the winner of The Simply Bar giveaway is...
Please e-mail me your info at email@example.com ASAP! Congratulations!
Hope y'all have a very happy Saturday. Terry and I are going to figure out our hike for tomorrow and then call it a night.