Monday, March 25, 2013

Meals and Fitness - Planning for the Week

On Friday night, as I stared in dismay at my pathetic attempt at scrounging up a meal, I had to acknowledge that our fridge needed some major attention.

So sad.


A trip to the farmer's market and Trader Joe's fixed that!



In fact, yesterday turned out to be rather productive:


We got almost everything done! Nothing beats the feeling of productivity. I saved the oatmeal cookies for today and followed this recipe. For the oil, I used about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and then filled the rest of the 1/2 cup with applesauce. It gave the cookies the perfect texture!

Yes, one is missing. I don't know what happened there.

And since I missed it yesterday, our menu for the week:

  • Monday: Leftover vegetable lasagna (made it last night, and it was amazing!) 
  • Tuesday: Minestrone soup with sourdough crostini
  • Wednesday: Pizza with pesto sauce, tomato, and mozzarella, plus roasted asparagus
  • Thursday: Miscellaneous leftovers, or grilled cheese with salad if we've eaten it all :-) 
  • Friday: Breakfast for dinner before our flight!
Workouts this week:
  • Sunday: Walk to farmer's market
  • Monday: Core circuit + 2-3 mile walk
  • Tuesday: 45 minutes of cardio intervals
  • Wednesday: Legs + HIIT (Fitnessista's awesome-looking workout!) + Core 
  • Thursday: Upper body + Incline walking
  • Friday: Full body circuit
  • Saturday: Travel day!
I'll be sharing some of these workouts on my scheduled blog posts for next week. I'm not sure what the Internet situation will be in Turks & Caicos (try not to feel too sorry for me), so I want to set up some posts to publish while we're away. Already I have that veggie lasagna and a terrific core circuit planned for you (get ready--it's a doozy!). 

The rest of this week looks to be a bit hectic at work but fairly calm at home. I just want to give lots of lovin' to our sweet little guy before we go! Thankfully we have awesome neighbors who love to hang out with Scout, so we never have to worry when we go away. 


Best cat ever.

What are your meal and fitness plans for the week? Any new recipes or workouts? Link away!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a fun trip coming up! I'm a bit jealous so feel free to spend an extra few minutes relaxing for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work planning! i'm so not a planner and go day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the Farmer's Market on Sunday in Studio City, CA - It's supposed to be famous and I know why! There was so much awesome stuff... As well as a petting zoo and pony rides. I was really bummed with I wasn't allowed on the pony though :( The weight limit was 85 lbs! Ha Ha Ha. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete