Sunday, March 17, 2013

Scenes from the Weekend

Friday's work session with my English department:


Impromptu lunch date with my hubby on Friday.



Yesterday Jenn took me to tea at The London, a fancy hotel in West Hollywood with a lovely upscale restaurant.

The tea was Rose and French Vanilla--very fragrant indeed. 


Scones, sandwiches, and desserts to accompany our tea. Plus excellent conversation, of course!



Homemade calzones with mozzarella, zucchini ribbons, and Parmesan, plus marinara on the side for dipping. 

I used Lisa's whole wheat pizza crust recipe and Smitten Kitchen's calzone instructions (in her amazing cookbook) to make this bit of magic happen!



In the spirit of the holiday, I spent a little time in the kitchen baking up a batch of Chocolate Whiskey and Beer Cupcakes from Smitten Kitchen.



Plus menu planning, of course!

  • Monday: Out for a dinner meeting
  • Tuesday: Greek salad
  • Wednesday: Out for a UCLA meeting, but I'm thinking of cooking up some veggie quesadillas beforehand
  • Thursday: Breakfast for dinner--waffles, pancakes, or crepes with fruit
  • Friday: Pasta with goat cheese marinara to fuel up for our 10K!
I skipped this weekend's workouts and long run in an effort to battle off whatever bug is trying to get me. I am feeling more energized this evening, so hopefully I'll be back to 100% tomorrow. But of course, that means I missed my last long run before next weekend's race. I'm a little nervous about feeling less than prepared, but on the other hand perhaps some rest wasn't the worst idea.

Anyway, if all goes well, here's this week's plan:
  • Monday: 4-mile run
  • Tuesday: Lower body strength and incline walking
  • Wednesday: 2-mile run
  • Thursday: Upper body strength + stretch
  • Friday: Rest, stretch, and foam roll
I hope you have a spectacular week!

What are the plans for your fitness and food this week? 

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I'll be over on Friday for some of that goat cheese marinara...make sure you have any extra place setting prepared! ;)

    I absolutely LOVE tea rooms! There is one in Springfield (about 40 minutes from where I live) that has some of the BEST egg salad sandwiches I've ever tasted! I really need to make my way over there soon. Your calzones look AMAZING! I've never tried making calzones before...I think you should come make them for me! Lol

    Glad to hear you're feeling a better! Hope you had a nice relaxing Sunday and have a good start to the week tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you wait for a burger, steak, chicken, pork chops, bacon and something that will stick to your ribs? Terrry is excited I'm sure .

    ReplyDelete