- Our friends Katie and Corey have a baby girl due in the next week or so, and we are all so excited to meet her!
- Terry's birthday, which we haven't planned yet but will hopefully involve a little day or weekend trip
- A visit to see my parents, brother, and sister-in-law
- More killer workouts through Tina's Best Body Boot Camp
- Warmer weather, though today was windy and chilly
- Good movies coming out, especially The Great Gatsby (ahhh I can't wait!)
- Spring cleaning, which will actually happen closer to summer, or during summer, because right now I'm spending all my free time grading and planning
My recent posts have been Turks & Caicos-related, so I thought tonight I'd take a quick break from the tropical magic.
Yesterday we took a hike up in the Brentwood area, fairly close to our home. The full route is actually 8 miles, but we cut it in half and still found it challenging. I liked the path because it offered options at times to take a super steep hill or a more mellow, level path. The trails converged several times, so we could pick our difficulty.
Sometimes I forget that LA has such natural beauty.
And other miscellany:
Mad Men is back! Last night's episode was incredible, as expected.
Made lemon cupcakes!
Hung out with this adorable little guy.
Made a delicious chicken Caesar salad--homemade Caesar dressing, shaved Parmesan, crock pot chicken, and homemade bread
Tonight's meal: seasoned talapia from Whole Foods (already prepped--purchased from the incredible seafood bar there), homemade guac, black beans, Manchego cheese, Greek yogurt, and corn tortillas
And that catches us up! Today was a little crazy getting back into the swing of things at work, so I'm looking forward to a morning workout and a less hectic day tomorrow.
In case you missed it, here are the posts I published last week while on vacation:
Hope you find something you like!
What's your favorite aspect of spring?