Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Happy Thursday! That means the weekend is JUST around the corner. Hooray! 

Also, June is just around the corner. WHAT?! How are we already almost in the sixth month of the year? And it should be a fun month: Terry and I are setting a goal to run 30(!) miles in 30 days, just for fun. And we're also taking our first big family vacation with Marshall! Hawaii, here we come! 

In other news, I've been having a blast with my little one-year-old! Lots of park time hanging out with this little dude. So much standing!




But getting in some cuddles with this little one, too. 

One of the best parts of being more settled into our new place: cooking! I finally made some decent meals in our apartment's fun black-and-white tiled kitchen.

Spaghetti alla carbonara with roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes

Turkey burger salads with roasted sweet potatoes, pepper jack cheese, plain Greek yogurt and salsa verde



I haven't worked out much lately (part of the reason for our June running challenge). I'm trying to walk a lot to make up for the lack of more intense workouts, but here and there I've thrown in some quick intervals to get my heart rate up and maintain strength. Here's one:

50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest (20 minutes total):
  • Burpees
  • Push ups (I did mine on my knees)
  • Mountain climbers
  • Jumping jacks
  • Side bends (alternating sides)
  • Downward dog push ups
  • Walking lunges
  • Plie squat pulses
  • Crunches
  • Leg lifts
  • Squat + Squat jump
  • Side plank (right)
  • Side plank (left)
  • Donkey kicks (25 seconds each side)
  • Stationary lunge pulses (right)
  • Stationary lunge pulses (left)
  • Side squat + back lunge (right)
  • Side squat + back lunge (left)
  • Side lunge (right)
  • Side lunge (left)
It was quick, to the point, and worked a good variety of muscle groups. 


Terry and I have been working our way through leftover cupcakes from Marshall's birthday party. I froze the cupcakes and frosting separately right after the party, and then we thawed them out this week. We have three left. I'm sort of sad, because I know I won't make more cupcakes until I have a really good reason. But these were SUPER good! Yellow cake, chocolate frosting--a classic.

And now tomorrow is Friday! This weekend will hopefully feel less hectic than the previous few, so we can enjoy some time with family and friends and even get a few more boxes unpacked. I really want to buy a big bookshelf, but I doubt we'll get around to it. Crazy, I know.

Off to bed! Have a wonderful weekend if I don't check back in before then. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment