Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIAW on a Very Busy Summer Day

So far, summer has been anything but relaxing. It's certainly in my nature to find lots of ways to keep myself busy, but the three days I've had off from work and at home would qualify as hectic and slightly insane. Nevertheless, I had lots to do today and chose not to make it a day of rest.

What I Ate on a Very Busy Summer Wednesday



I started with an awesome yoga session, which relieved lots of tension in my neck and shoulders. Bob Harper's Warrior Yoga really focuses on stretching out typical tight areas, such as hamstrings and hips, but it also works up quite a sweat. Today I did the full hour and enjoyed every minute - even the painful ones.

9:15 am - Breakfast



Another egg, whole wheat English muffin, Havarti cheese, and jelly sandwich with tea on the side. Scarfed down in approximately one minute. I always eat messy foods fast because it's easier to keep eating than to put it down and clean off my hands between each bite. Am I the only one?

1:00 pm - Lunch with Terry


My new job starts in a few months, but teachers are required to be fingerprinted each time they start working with a new district, so I headed down to the police station near where Terry works.

A beautiful police department!

I also stopped at the local public library (which I haven't done since I was a kid, no joke) to grab this month's PBFingers Book Club selection. I'll write a review and post it on here, and you can join in the fun!

Then I picked up Terry for a quick lunch together. We both had leftovers.




And a few of these...

Then I was off to my very last practice coaching my girls. I got a chance to speak with the new coach again and answered some of her questions. I know the girls are in great hands. I was afraid I'd be in a weird limbo all summer, helping out sometimes or being "on call" when they needed me, but this coach has her stuff together, and those girls will be just fine!

After my very last long commute from the San Gabriel Valley (hallelujah!), I started in on all the chopping for tonight's recipe and munched on a snack.

5:00 pm - Afternoon snack 
Overnight oats with:

  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 banana
  • 3 ounces Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 spoon peanut butter
  • 1/2 tablespoon honey

Once dinner was prepped, we headed over to the complex gym for a quick cross-training workout. Only one treadmill was available, so Terry completed this incline walking workout while I hopped on the elliptical. My workout was inspired by the same workout, and it kicked my booty! I rarely do the elliptical. There's something about it; I feel like the motion isn't natural or something. Regardless, I completed the following:



Not bad for an elliptical novice! And I certainly worked up a sweat. I also tackled some core work and a few upper body exercises before calling it quits and gearing up for a delicious, healthy dinner of chili and cornbread. 


7:45 pm - Dinner




Recipe coming soon!


9:00 pm - Dessert


Cinnamon swirl bread with Trader Joe's Cookie Butter and chocolate chips, plus milk. No picture because it was too yummy. 


It was a great day! And tomorrow I leave for Denver. I'm excited and nervous for my first solo conference. 

3 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and it looks awesome! I am finishing up my degree in elementary education and have a passion for healthy living as well! Happy to see there is another one out there who loves jam, egg and cheese for breaky! Keep on blogging :)

    Amy

    inthebeanthyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dinner looks delish! can't wait for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book too. I'm relying on the library to save money since I don't typically read books twice.

    ReplyDelete