Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIAW: Past, Future, and Always

Today really proved to be symbolic in terms of meals. Please forgive the English teacher in me as I analyze not what I ate but where and with whom I ate.


Check out all the other WIAW posts!



[Disclaimer: While this month's WIAW theme is "Sensible Snacking," you'll notice I ate almost no snacks today! I'll share more tomorrow.]

7:00 am - Breakfast at school
I completely forgot to take a picture of my innovative breakfast. I combined the following:
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup Erewhon rice cereal
  • 6 ounces plain Chobani yogurt (2%)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 banana
It was similar to my overnight oats, except I didn't soak it the night before, and the rice cereal added an excellent crunch!

Today was check-out day at school, which officially marks the end of my employment there. I've mentioned that I'm sad to go, but I know it's for the best, and I took today to reflect a bit and say goodbye to good friends. I'm not one to get too emotional in public, so I was thankful for the excuse to pack up quickly and head out, but that's not to say I didn't acknowledge the end of an era.

1:00 pm - Lunch at my new school
Leftovers of Sunday's dinner


I've mentioned briefly that I accepted a job offer at a new school. I am thrilled! I get to work closer to home, the school seems incredible, and I won't be a temporary teacher anymore. At this point, it looks like I'll be teaching 9th and 11th grades. There were so many signs pointing to this job, and I really feel ready for a new adventure. Today, the English department invited me to join them for lunch so I could meet everyone, get some books for summer planning, and check out the campus (and the campus is GORGEOUS!). Everyone seemed very nice and welcoming, and I look forward to joining such a great school.

3:00 pm - Afternoon snack at home
Chocolate chip cookie dough Lara bar
(Source)

which is now my favorite flavor! Let's not analyze this one. It was delicious. Then I took a nap.

7:00 pm - Post-workout glass of milk
For my workout, I completed four miles total: 1.5 on the treadmill and 2.5 outside. I'm excited to get some yoga in tomorrow, along with some more cardio and strength.


8:00 pm - Dinner at home
Comfort food!



Yep, I made breakfast for dinner. Terry had to drive to the San Diego area for work today and spent about 5 hours in the car, so he was grateful for an easy, comforting meal. I ate two waffles (with some butter and maple syrup), two slices of peppered turkey bacon from Trader Joe's, and an egg over easy, plus about 1/2 cup raspberries.

The dinner was at home, with Terry, which will always be my favorite way to enjoy a meal. Terry, cooking healthy foods, and loving to eat--I see these as constants in my life. Today I said farewell to one job and essentially began another, but coming home to my best friend will always be the best part of any day.

Who could resist this dude?

What is your favorite place to eat a meal? Who is your favorite meal buddy?

1 comment:

  1. Those chocolate chip cookie dough larabars are freaking AMAZING! I go back and forth between those and the peanut butter chocolate chip ones. SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete