Monday, September 24, 2012

Combo Circuit Workout

Alright, after taking Saturday night off and posting just photos yesterday, I owe you some real words today! 

First of all, thank you for the kind words about my dress! It's a super old one; my mom bought it from a catalog while I was in college. But it's comfortable and a great casual outfit for a summer day!

As for the five mile run--it was tough! We did walk a little, but we managed to keep a great pace (6.3 mph for me, a little faster for Terry). I was eager to see if I could still do it, and we just signed up for a 5K in a few weeks, so we've got to train a little!

After a fun day yesterday, we rested up and got back to work without too much trouble today. It'll be another busy one, but we have an exciting weekend ahead!

Today when I got home I laced up my shoes for a tough circuit workout that I think anyone could really enjoy. You need one pair of dumbbells (I used 8 lbs), a stability ball, and a stopwatch (jump rope optional; I just jump without one). Of course, you could also alter those exercises to complete the workout without equipment--no excuses!


Some instructions:

  • Scissor Crunches
  • Lunge Pulse to Switch: Pulse in a lunge 3 times, then jump and switch legs to the other side; repeat
  • Plie Squat (add a biceps curl!)
If you try it, let me know what you think!

For dinner tonight, I made a twist on our usual shepherd's pie recipe. I made it the same as always, except I a) didn't peel the potatoes (I used baby potatoes instead of big ones), and b) I baked the servings off in ramekins instead of a big casserole dish. 


Added a little ale to the cooking process





Terry and I were blown away by the additional flavor! We suspect that cooking the pies in a smaller dish allowed the flavor to really sink in. It was amazing! Terry even had a second ramekin. :-) 

Did you see the Emmys last night? I was so excited that Julia Louis-Dreyfus won! Terry showed me something that said she has won three Emmys for three very different shows (Seinfeld, New Adventures of Old Christine, and Veep). She is just phenomenal. We love Seinfeld, and she is my favorite female character on any TV show. She's amazing!

Who is your favorite TV character of all time?
Elaine from Seinfeld takes the cake for me, but I also LOVE Penny from Happy Endings.

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried Shepard Pie before, but wow it looks delicious!! Great job on completing those miles girl. You're AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it for the first time a few years ago, hated it, and then found a different recipe that was phenomenal! I mean, meat + veggies + potatoes = ultimate comfort food!

      Delete
  2. pinned that workout and i can't wait to try it! also i'm counting down the days till best body bootcamp begins! i can't wait to start up something new and i'm really excited to follow along as you do it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin, Molly! Yay for boot camp!!!

      Delete