Friday, September 21, 2012

It's Back!

Finally. After months of waiting, it's here. It's really here!

(Source)
The new season of TV!

I really love television. I think, perhaps, as an English major and English teacher I'm supposed to love reading above all else and admonish TV. And I do love reading! But TV...it just makes me so happy.

I love having the news on in the morning as I get ready to catch up on world events and watch the morning news crew make fools of themselves.

(Source)

I love watching cooking shows to get recipe ideas and to learn new cooking tips. Almost every show includes some little trick, like an easier way to cut up a bell pepper.

I love judging the dancers on So You Think You Can Dance, which I realize is not a fall show but is still awesome.

I love checking out all the houses on House Hunters. Terry and I used to watch together and pick the house we would want of the three. Now I just get irritated at the people who can't look past paint color and sigh when I hear housing costs in the Midwest.

I love that Terry and I enjoy almost all the same shows. We get so excited to watch "our shows" each night and talk about them for days afterward. We may or may not quote them constantly. (Or about 80% of our conversations are quotes from TV shows.)

I love going to sleep at night and turning on my favorite old shows. Right now we're in Season 3 of Friends.

(Source)

TV is extremely comforting to me. In college, when I was dealing with some rough stomachaches, I would turn on Friends to help me fall asleep. Now, I put it on when I'm home alone, when I want to sleep, when I need a laugh.

Shows we can't wait to watch this year:

  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Up All Night
  • The Office
  • Community
  • New Girl
  • Modern Family
  • Happy Endings
  • 30 Rock
Notice a trend with all the sitcoms? We also love Mad Men but aren't sure when that's coming back. 


Tonight, I needed to just zone out and relax. Terry and I watched two returning shows we love, The Office and Up All Night. We watched while enjoying our Caprese salads (with spinach) and chillin' on our cozy couch.



And a little workout! My dad gave me the idea for this one:


Perfect for a long cardio session! Thanks, Dad!


What's your favorite fall TV show? Any new ones I should watch? 

3 comments:

  1. Wht a great treadmill workout. Tell your daddy thanks :)

    Sons of Anarachy.. so happy it's back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for How I Met Your Mother. I haven't seen any of season 7 but I'm watching anyway!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way, i can't wait for a new modern family and the office especially there are some new ones coming out that have me equally excited

    ReplyDelete