Sunday, March 31, 2013

Beach Abs Timed Circuit

Before we left for our trip and after our race, we had one week of fun workouts without any real goal. So I asked Terry if there was anything he thought we should work on, and he suggested abs. An excellent idea before a beach vacation, don't you think?

Here's what we did:


This bad boy was killer! Terry and I were both sore the next day, and we felt that it worked all our core muscles. Even our obliques got in on the action with the planks!

If you don't have a stability ball, consider the following modifications:
SS1: Regular elbow plank + Inchworm
SS2: Regular crunches
SS3: Regular full plank + Inchworm
SS5: Two sets of supermans or get creative and lean over a couch or chair!

Some tips:
Ball Roll Outs
Ball Roll Ins
Leg Lifts - Lay down on your back with your feet straight up in the air. Push your feet toward the ceiling, lifting your tush off the floor. Lower back to neutral. Repeat.
Double crunches
Back extension on ball
Superman

It's more fun, though, if you have a little kitten climbing all over you during your workout.


Let me know what you think of the ab circuit!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the workout idea! I need to work on strengthening my core as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout! I added a couple of extra supersets of side plank raises/side crunches, one for each side. I am betting I will be feeling this one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great workout! I added a couple of extra supersets of side plank raises/side crunches, one for each side. I am betting I will be feeling this one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete